Fans Forum

Day

Can someone ask on my behalf to Darren Wassall why when given a REAL ace to scout, a lad who was VERY keen to come to Derby and the revered academy but subsequently ended up at Bayern Munich did he not bother to come over and look at the player!! A Swedish U19 International... Thomas Isherwood. 

Follow that up with asking Sam Rush why, when sent a polite and informative email regarding the above, he hasn't replied!! 

You can tell them that when this lad plays his first game for Bayern Munich first team, which he will, and follows up by becoming an England defender I will be reminding them again... 

And yes.. I am still quite cross about it. Delighted for young Isherwood he got such a move to a top European team but bemused by Derby who do obviously look at Sweden ( young kid from FC United 4 div Stockholm team... Think Mickleover sports) and don't take or look at the gift horse... Blizzare...

I'm sure I read that they'll be answering fans questions via the stream too, have a dig around on the OS and you should find it.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My gguess is that they receive a large number of emails from people touting the next Messi and they automatically bin them as 99.999% are bull plop. 

I'm sure that's correct Gboro... True at most clubs I'd say... But in my case I was asked by Tom Glick to let the club know if I spotted anyone really worth looking at in Scandinavia... I coach football to a decent level over here... 

Is there a chance that Rush was unaware of what Glick had asked you and thinks you're just another fan trying it on playing scout?

With Glick long gone no way of looking into it for you.

I'm guessing they would also say something along the lines of they get a lot of players reccomended and can't chase every single one up 

Could be Dav... Although I explained this to Sam Rush in my email... Wassall of course was there for TG and there are email conversations between TG, DW and myself at the outset... 

There is even an email between DW and Thomas Isherwood dad along the lines of " hi..sounds promising..get back to you ASAP"...  

I think they have just messed up on this one. 

My stream is working fine on my laptop.

Realise my last two posts have been very critical of Mel. If you're reading this Mel, I love you really xxx

Working fine on my laptop too. Hey Mel if you're reading this you're a hero sir x 

Thankyou

Archived