Newcastle United 2015-16 season

i-Ram

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Its not that bad if you consider we paid £6m for Bradley Johnson and that Shelvey is a young English experienced Premier League player that Swansea are selling to a relegation rival.

Norwich did really well out of that and the Grabban sales, that much money for pretty mediocre players (PL Level).

Well, 3 all must be disappointing for the "TOON" natives. I mean it's Man U at home.

In other news, word for word my Swansea mate's thoughts on Shelvey:

Me:

Shelvey £12m to Newcastle. Do you think he's the man to offer McClaren the leadership his side need? Is £12m a good price?

Him:

Leadership - No. At £12m we are robbing them blind. He threw his toys out the pram at Liverpool and got offloaded to us. Done it again here (and not for the first time) so we are offloading too. Don't want anyone at the club who starts fights in the dressing room with his own team mates or "offers to meet fans in the car park" who dare criticise him.

Oh and he has been barred from his local for drunken and violent behaviour. His response "you can't bar me I'm Jonjo Shelvey." nuff said.

So, that'd be a less than glowing testimonial then. He also thinks they're getting De Yong in for a lot less than £12m.

• 3 weeks later...

Newcastle's business has been ridiculous so far, throwing millions to players more or less unprofessional players..

Saivet ?

Shelvey 12

Townsend 12, rumoured salary 55 k

Now Berahino 21 and rising...

Ok, Saivet might be good addition.

• 1 month later...

Archived