Newcastle United 2015-16 season

i-Ram

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Newcastle players couldn't raise the bottle to beat Villa in order to stay up there's no way they will be a force in the Championship.     Villa will be a rebuild. Only Norwich will get straight back up because they are like Burnley and will know what they are doing from the off.

The amount of players that will probably end up leaving Newcastle when they go down (Townsend, Wjinauldum, Jaanmat, Sissoko etc.) and the lack of any experienced pros like they had last time they went down (Barton, Nolan, Taylor etc.) will mean it will most likely be really tough for them in the Championship. It also all depends on who they hire as manager and if the last few appointments are anything to go by then it will probably be a another poor season for the Toon.

19 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

The amount of players that will probably end up leaving Newcastle when they go down (Townsend, Wjinauldum, Jaanmat, Sissoko etc.) and the lack of any experienced pros like they had last time they went down (Barton, Nolan, Taylor etc.) will mean it will most likely be really tough for them in the Championship. It also all depends on who they hire as manager and if the last few appointments are anything to go by then it will probably be a another poor season for the Toon.

That's very perceptive TDS.

If the continental show ponies bale out who have they got?

A spine of darow,  lascelles,  colback and that Serbian donkey is not likely to strike fear into the championship ?

:lol::lol:

Good old Scteeeeeeeeeevieee

Can't blame Rafa, he did his best.. but that team assembled by the tufty haired t*** was a shambles.. 100m almost.. where the hell did he spend it?? :lol:

If I was a Newcastle fan I'd be thinking just that, almost as bad as Manu.

8 hours ago, LesterRam said:

According to the BBC Mike Ashley is a white knight riding in to save BHS.

That's the other half of their pensions fund gone then.

Glad they got relegated feel for there fans. They always think there a top club they have every potential to be one with the stadium and fans. Never really got there and to lose your place to your nearest rivals ouch! Hopefully they can find a Nolan type figure to carry them like last time or they may be in trouble.

Newcastle  are in big trouble now. Paid over £80 million  on transfers this season. Left mcclaren in charge for to long. He should of gone at Christmas to give them any chance of staying up. The squad they have won't have the fight for the championship. To many big time Charles. 

1 hour ago, Ashz09 said:

Glad they got relegated feel for there fans. They always think there a top club they have every potential to be one with the stadium and fans. Never really got there and to lose your place to your nearest rivals ouch! Hopefully they can find a Nolan type figure to carry them like last time or they may be in trouble.

they don't deserve sympathy (the fans), the way they treated Pardew, and even further back, when Allardyce was there, was nothing short of disgusting. I hope they plummet through the championship in financial ruin. They could do with some humility.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

they don't deserve sympathy (the fans), the way they treated Pardew, and even further back, when Allardyce was there, was nothing short of disgusting. I hope they plummet through the championship in financial ruin. They could do with some humility.

True they do need bringing down a peg or two. The videos they take from the fans opinions are generally people raging about the manager etc. I would hate to be the manager so much expectation but no ground to work from the signings which have been made this season are laughable.

Given your stance on Clough, how can you justify your criticism of Newcastle fans for losing patience with a manager who consistently achieved unremarkable mid table finishes?

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

Given your stance on Clough, how can you justify your criticism of Newcastle fans for losing patience with a manager who consistently achieved unremarkable mid table finishes?

what the hell are you talking about? Or are you trying to get a bite?

My stance on Clough? I never booed him once. Never abused him, and I was proven to be right in my opinion. The minute he left, we instantly became a good exciting team to watch and shot up the table into contention.

The difference being, when Pardew was appointed at Newcastle, they'd just been promoted, and their expectations were unrealistic. They treated him disgustingly whereas myself and others kept our opinions on Clough to these here message boards, and the occasional phone in. We didn't hound Clough out, he got nigh on five years.

Sith Happens

I dont feel for any sets of fans for anything, someone has to get relegated and no team is more or less deserving of a place in the premier league than any other.

I hope we go up but we dont deserve it any more or less than fans of hull, brighton or sheff weds.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

what the hell are you talking about? Or are you trying to get a bite?

My stance on Clough? I never booed him once. Never abused him, and I was proven to be right in my opinion. The minute he left, we instantly became a good exciting team to watch and shot up the table into contention.

The difference being, when Pardew was appointed at Newcastle, they'd just been promoted, and their expectations were unrealistic. They treated him disgustingly whereas myself and others kept our opinions on Clough to these here message boards, and the occasional phone in. We didn't hound Clough out, he got nigh on five years.

Fair point that you never booed him, but regardless of what came afterwards you and the Newcastle fans you criticise are of the opinion that mid table finishes on a low to mid table budget were not good enough. Pardew got 4 years at Newcastle, but again you make a fair point that much of the criticism he had to put up with was far more vociferous than what Clough got.

1 minute ago, Anon said:

Fair point that you never booed him, but regardless of what came afterwards you and the Newcastle fans you criticise are of the opinion that mid table finishes on a low to mid table budget were not good enough. Pardew got 4 years at Newcastle, but again you make a fair point that much of the criticism he had to put up with was far more vociferous than what Clough got.

I was right. Newcastle fans have been proven to be unrealistic.

I was right. Newcastle fans have been proven to be unrealistic.

It isn't an unrealistic demand for a club of Newcastle's size to want more ambition than simply finishing 17th or higher.

Archived