Newcastle United 2015-16 season

i-Ram

What's so good about this is, the geordies have actually packed up and joined the Championship banter page on facebook :lol:

Villa fans joined it around Feburary time.. :lol:

Back in the 07/08 season we'd have been joining it around late September :lol:

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/04/2016 at 21:52, DCFCArmy said:

What's so good about this is, the geordies have actually packed up and joined the Championship banter page on facebook :lol:

On 09/04/2016 at 21:52, DCFCArmy said:

Whilst I have seen Villa fans on there, not seen any geordies on there at all.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, HantsRam said:

will certainly be relegated if that happens. NUFC couldn't beat villa which makes them almost unique!

Yeah meant "They could be relegated tonight; if Sunderland beat Everton". Can't be arsed with punctuation, people get the jist :p 

In my opinion, Sunderland have already done enough. I really can't see Newcastle getting more than a point against Tottenham, especially when Tottenham need a point to guarantee 2nd place and their first finish above Arsenal in god knows how long. If Sunderland lose their last two and Newcastle do get a point against Tottenham, they'll still go down on GD (Sunderland would have to lose by an aggregate score of -8 over their next two which isn't going to happen)

15 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

will certainly be relegated if that happens. NUFC couldn't beat villa which makes them almost unique!

I still maintain that they are the worst team in Premier League history, seeing as we took 4 points off them in that season.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

In my opinion, Sunderland have already done enough. I really can't see Newcastle getting more than a point against Tottenham, especially when Tottenham need a point to guarantee 2nd place and their first finish above Arsenal in god knows how long. If Sunderland lose their last two and Newcastle do get a point against Tottenham, they'll still go down on GD (Sunderland would have to lose by an aggregate score of -8 over their next two which isn't going to happen)

Tend to agree Kernow - plus Sunderland will be buzzing after their comeback against Chelsea and verton are absolutely hopeless at present.

Couldn't happen to a more fitting owner. Ashley screwed us over a year ago by unsettling McClaren, he screws over the people of Derbyshire every day with his modern approach to slavery, but now he's got his come-uppance.

I suppose the Magpies fans will automatically think that they are entitled to win the Championship next season.

2 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Funny thing is if the sacked Mac a month earlier they'd be safe, Daniel Taylor should take note.

If they'd not rocked the boat and tapped up Mcclaren in the first place and gone for somebody else, they might have never been in relegation danger in the first place.

Now Derby have got to not get promoted, or I won't be able to visit the Rupali Indian Restaurant in Newcastle for Curry Hell next season.

Must echo Eddie's sentiments - Ashley is IMHO an odious boss and the divine retribution for pulling the wheels of our cart last season in unsettling Mac has been now visited on him at Newcastle. LMFAO.

Now he can scrabble around to see if he can retain Rafa's services, and juggle all these costly showboat mercenaries in the NUFC squad who have to face The Championship grind, or tap up agents and clubs for a loss-making exit.

Mac's fall from grace has been spectacular.

Norwich will probably have a Burnley-style pragmatic approach to The Championship and could fare better in the promotion race. Can't see Villa marching straight back, can anyone else?

How NUFC fare next season will be fascinating. 

Hopefully we may be observing it all from the division above....but I can't help rather doubting that eventuality given our recent Championship 'pedigree'.

I wonder if social media is going to be awash with videos of the moment the gathered Newcastle players finally knew they were relegated.

Still, Forest's hot England prospect will be at a level he's used to now.

Now for a considered review of Schtevie's time as Newcastle manager (contains offensive etc)

6 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

According to the BBC Mike Ashley is a white knight riding in to save BHS.

You don't amass a personal 750m fortune in business by being a white knight. 

He'll be as exploitative and sharp as that arch shyster Phil green  (who of course earned nothing from bhs as it was all lady tina's )

Archived