Newcastle United 2015-16 season

i-Ram

Well, the academy could use his coaching, and then all he needs to do is whisper in Mel's shell like during a match. Because in a public place where 30,000 people have gathered and TV cameras frequently focus on Mel to get his expressions is the perfect way to enact a devilish plan of cunningly undermining Wassall and taking the job himself. 

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He made his decision, and ultimately it's hard to have sympathy for him. Oh well, there's two ways of looking at this for him though. He either had his head turned and proved himself to be out of his depth when the chips are down, or he's been sacked twice in a year by two different clubs who look destined for Championship football in the medium term. 

What a contrast in fortunes though. He so easily could have finished last year with a promotion with us to his name, and now... well... this. 

The 54-year-old is 20/1 for a go on I'm a Celebrity and 33/1 for Strictly Come Dancing.
A Ladbrokes spokesperson said: "The writing had been on the wall for McClaren for some time and it now looks just as likely that he ends up in the Big Brother house as a Premier League dugout by next season."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/651834/Steve-McClaren-Newcastle-Aston-Villa-Big-Brother-Rafa-Benitez-Transfer-News-Gossip

(snigger...)

21 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

...and next on the bush tucker trial, Steve faces full english breakfast buffet without bacon or sausages.....

The (at one time) unbeatable in pursuit of the uneatable.

Saw Ranieri being interviewed on TV last night - asked about whether he'd like the Italy job as he's on the bookies short-list. Categorically stated that he wasn't interested and that he wanted to stay at Leicester for the rest of his career - if only Steve had been so clear in his intentions......

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

Saw Ranieri being interviewed on TV last night - asked about whether he'd like the Italy job as he's on the bookies short-list. Categorically stated that he wasn't interested and that he wanted to stay at Leicester for the rest of his career - if only Steve had been so clear in his intentions......

see what happens if he's offered a job though.

Steve's actions did the talking. He DIDN'T leave for Newcastle.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

see what happens if he's offered a job though.

Steve's actions did the talking. He DIDN'T leave for Newcastle.

But he ended up there...

...hmmm...

We'll never know what happened away from the public eye though, so the debate will always be there. 

Could a mod combine this and the Benitez thread and rename it "Newcastle"? Just so I can put general Newcastle news somewhere irrelevant to both of them without having to create a third Newcastle thread.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Could a mod combine this and the Benitez thread and rename it "Newcastle"? Just so I can put general Newcastle news somewhere irrelevant to both of them without having to create a third Newcastle thread.

We can't lose the pun in the title so no, sorry.

According to the mod of the other DCFC forum, members of this forum are kind of like Sun readers to him because we seem to like one liners with no substance. The below is reported at BBC rather than Sun, so I thought I should share it here in case some of you missed it:

Mike Ashley: Newcastle owner 'regrets' involvement in football

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley says he "regrets" buying the club and that its bank account is virtually empty.

"Do I regret getting into football?" said Ashley. "The answer is yes. I have had tonnes of fun in it but I haven't been able to make the difference I wanted to in football."

Ashley said: "All I say is, there is a bank account, when you have emptied it, it's empty."

The Sports Direct owner, who bought the club in 2007, has seen his time in charge filled with controversy, but he has backed investment in the squad and handed over a £129m interest-free loan, according to the last published club accounts.

He said: "I don't really want to have any influence in football to be honest. Looking after Sports Direct is more than a full-time job."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35865092

So even a man as wealthy as Mike Ashley could empty his bank account for his football club. According to an article published by the Derby Telegraph last year, Ashley's estimated wealth is £3.5 billion, which is of course a lot even compared to Mel Morris' £400 million.

4 minutes ago, HKRam said:

According to the mod of the other DCFC forum, members of this forum are kind of like Sun readers to him because we seem to like one liners with no substance. The below is reported at BBC rather than Sun, so I thought I should share it here in case some of you missed it:

Mike Ashley: Newcastle owner 'regrets' involvement in football

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley says he "regrets" buying the club and that its bank account is virtually empty.

"Do I regret getting into football?" said Ashley. "The answer is yes. I have had tonnes of fun in it but I haven't been able to make the difference I wanted to in football."

Ashley said: "All I say is, there is a bank account, when you have emptied it, it's empty."

The Sports Direct owner, who bought the club in 2007, has seen his time in charge filled with controversy, but he has backed investment in the squad and handed over a £129m interest-free loan, according to the last published club accounts.

He said: "I don't really want to have any influence in football to be honest. Looking after Sports Direct is more than a full-time job."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35865092

So even a man as wealthy as Mike Ashley could empty his bank account for his football club. According to the Derby Telegraph, Ashley's estimated wealth is £3.5 billion, which is of course a lot even compared to Mel Morris' £400 million.

I don't think he is talking about his own bank account... club could be in serious trouble if they do get relegated tho.

12 minutes ago, HKRam said:

According to the mod of the other DCFC forum, members of this forum are kind of like Sun readers to him because we seem to like one liners with no substance. The below is reported at BBC rather than Sun, so I thought I should share it here in case some of you missed it

Sounds bitter at the success of this forum to me, whats the point of a forum where everything has to list references for everything they say? Most of the information is in the public domain. We aren't writing a ******* scientific paper.

Archived