Signed: Jacob Butterfield

Heisenberg

I don't blame Chris Powell for his frustrations. I would be frustrated too. He also said it was sad for him that it's coming from Derby because he used to play for us.

Shame, but we'll get over his disappointment if we get our man - as he will, no doubt.  Still a class act. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand what his complaint is though? We've made 3 bids so far which have been turned down right?

So what are we doing wrong? Is it now unacceptable to make transfer bids for players? Or do we have to go straight in at a ludicrously high value right away?

3m plus a loan of someone like Calero would be a great deal for both sides. 

I dont think anyone said "..plus a loan" - I read it as selling a fringe player as part of the deal.

I don't think taking a loan player as part compensation for losing one of your best players is particularly attractive

The complaint will be behind the scenes - I'm sure there will be something to it, but without him elaborating then it could be something big or small. All we know is that it isn't an illegal approach. 

I'm excited to see him, I think he will be a great addition. He should still have that hunger to move upwards up the pyramid.

I've just watched the extended highlights of their game against Fulham, he looks a really technical player, with a good eye for a pass. I know it's only highlights, but he looks more like a Hendrick type than Bryson. He doesn't run around like a headless chicken, he slowly slips around in between the space. 

I also watched the Forest highlights and Antonio looked equally as good. I'd love to see both here now.  

The players their 'ITK' said we'd allowed them to pick from were Dawkins, Christie, Buxton, Warnock and Pearce (Not sure why we'd let Pearce go after just joining)

I can't see us selling Warnock, Christie or Pearce. Warnock's started 3 (?) out of 5, Pearce has been on the bench and you couldn't really call Christie fringe, could you?

Surely fringe means not one of the two for each position?

I've been away over the weekend without internet, can anybody bring me up to speed with our pursuit of both Butterfield and Antonio? Thanks. 

Butterfield still being chased, upto around 4th bid. Antonio....f*#@k knows, forest seem to change what's happening every day. Currently nothing there it seems though since the 4m bid

I've been away over the weekend without internet, can anybody bring me up to speed with our pursuit of both Butterfield and Antonio? Thanks. 

I can see why you call yourself Idiakez; he was a lazy bugger too :lol: 

in brief, neither have signed, one might, and it won't be the red dog.

I can't see us selling Warnock, Christie or Pearce. Warnock's started 3 (?) out of 5, Pearce has been on the bench and you couldn't really call Christie fringe, could you?

Surely fringe means not one of the two for each position?

I can't see any of them going to Huddersfield. I was reading their forum and some them were talking about wages and apparently their chairman at a recent Q&A said Vaughan and Smithies were their top earners on 9k a week. All of the players they said we'd offered apart from Christie are more than likely on more than 9k a week and Christie is needed for right back cover

Dawkins will go imo.

Ive got more chance of getting in the starting 11 at the minute.

How many players are out at the minute? Yet he still doesnt even get off the bench.

You may be right, but we're only four games in. I couldn't believe Bent didn't come off the bench against Charlton when we didn't use all our subs, but happily he started the Brum game. It was also strange that Dawkins didn't get on against Brum, but maybe that means he'll start against L**ds? It does appear harsh that he's had less chance to impress because of getting to the Gold Cup final with Jamaica.

You may be right, but we're only four games in. I couldn't believe Bent didn't come off the bench against Charlton when we didn't use all our subs, but happily he started the Brum game. It was also strange that Dawkins didn't get on against Brum, but maybe that means he'll start against L**ds? It does appear harsh that he's had less chance to impress because of getting to the Gold Cup final with Jamaica.

good post @Carl Sagan ,    but as where all aware  the is no sentiment in football  :)

Dawkins out and a central midfielder and winger/playmaker is really a no brainer..... we need a antonio or teixiera 2 open up this 12 men behind a ball ****** we been dealing with all season.... centre mid self explanatory... dawkins wont be used centrally and clearly pc doesnt see him good enough to come on in any of the 3 slots behind the striker..... butterfield and one of the two attackers will do nicely..... butttttt..... saying we talking 4m odd for butterfield..... i would love us to switch our attentions elsewhere and bid 5m odd for..... jedinak.... absolute beast and not starting now for palace....

I actually think Jedinak might be available on loan - perfect fit with a buy option..

He can't pass, is a bit of a loose cannon in the tackle, but can take a powerful freekick. An alright player, but really not the type we need. If we were going for an Australia defensive midfielder, I'd have been looking at Milligan, but he's already gone to the Middle East this window to my knowledge. 

Archived