Portsmouth v Derby County

i-Ram

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I could see what clement was trying to achieve, I'd happily give him as long as possible to get it sorted. But I can't even see what he's trying to do.

probably wants to try and make us compact and hard to beat in his first few games. Imagine he is the bright new thing on the block and his first two games are difficult away game at a physical side and a potential banana skin in the cup.

if we got turned over in both those games some of our idiots would be wanting him sacked.

i imagine he has probably thought and said don't let in any stupid goals, keep it tight, we do have the quality in the final third when needed.

people in the media will be waiting to pounce if he started very poorly and will be looking for any reason to have a go. You only have to look at this thread to see that.

Maybe give him 10 games.....

Scrap that. Clement out 

probably wants to try and make us compact and hard to beat in his first few games. Imagine he is the bright new thing on the block and his first two games are difficult away game at a physical side and a potential banana skin in the cup.

if we got turned over in both those games some of our idiots would be wanting him sacked.

i imagine he has probably thought and said don't let in any stupid goals, keep it tight, we do have the quality in the final third when needed.

people in the media will be waiting to pounce if he started very poorly and will be looking for any reason to have a go. You only have to look at this thread to see that.

Maybe give him 10 games.....

but we aren't looking compact, we just sitting deep and inviting teams onto us, while minimising all of our attacking players.  I was expecting us to be ropey early on, with a new manager, Thorne and Martin still not fully fit etc, but we just look clueless.

Archived