Andre Gray

matty1

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burnley are now being linked with him 

It's unfair how Dyche can't compete with these nasty big spenders, Derby and Boro :whistle:

By the time the window is closed there will be multiple clubs that have spent up to and exceeding £10m and some that attempted to but failed to secure the players they chased. 

What's the puff of smoke I see?

Oh wait, it's this post's credibility.

Is not credible because ive seen it on social media, this is what your complying?

Just so im clear, I've seen this information on twitter, by sources that in my eyes are very reliable. However I've not said this information is true but I'd thought I'd pass the information on to those who may be interested. It's up to you if you believe it.

Values are very odd. Strikers always cost more of course and then there is the element of buying a player (and persuading him to come to your club ) for the league you are in or buying a player who can step up to the next level. It strikes me that Championship quality players are anything from 500k to 5 million. Once you break the 5 million barrier I think the player must be assumed to be premiership quality and only coming to you for specific reasons. Rhodes and Grey are very good players but are they really the sort of player to keep you in the premier league ? Or just good enough to get you there for a jackpot season and go straight back down again, a bit like winning on a slot machine .. A flush moment but the odds will out.?

And if Rhodes and Grey are worth this sort of money why is a gifted championship player like Jonny Russel apparently only worth 1-2 million ? 

For me Tom Ince is a good benchmark .. Game changer, young, has played and done well,in the prem in an attacking role .. 4 and a bit million .. When you see figures twice this size it makes you wonder and question the common sense and logic behind the headline. 

Blimey - what a choice. Hull or Burnley.

It's just like being last to the school disco and having a choice between Two Ton Tess and her slightly larger bearded mate.....

Tessie is a good lass though, she always puts out. Safe option.

Values are very odd. Strikers always cost more of course and then there is the element of buying a player (and persuading him to come to your club ) for the league you are in or buying a player who can step up to the next level. It strikes me that Championship quality players are anything from 500k to 5 million. Once you break the 5 million barrier I think the player must be assumed to be premiership quality and only coming to you for specific reasons. Rhodes and Grey are very good players but are they really the sort of player to keep you in the premier league ? The next possibility is that they are good enough to get you there so you can have a jackpot season and go straight back down again, a bit like winning on a slot machine .. A flush moment but the odds will out.

And if Rhodes and Grey are worth this sort of money why is a gifted championship player like Jonny Russel apparently only worth 1-2 million ? 

For me Tom Ince is a good benchmark .. Game changer, young, has played and done well,in the prem in an attacking role .. 4 and a bit million .. When you see figures twice this size it makes you wonder and question the common sense and logic behind the headline. 

That's why I'm delighted we managed to find Chris Martin. It's ridiculous that Rhodes will end up leaving for £12m + and West Brom have just signed Rondon for £12m. Both are 25, Rhodes struggles to make the Scotland team while Rondon is the key man for Venezuela, Rhodes is proven at Championship level and Rondon is proven at Champions League level.

I'd much rather we go up with players like Martin and Bent who joined for free and then sign a top striker like Rondon for the same price it would have cost us to sign someone like Rhodes or Gray.

£8 million is borderline ridiculous, if an established forward like downing or a player like Ince is only worth £5 million. Smells a bit like the McCormack to Fulham deal, no good having an expensive striker if the rest of the team isn't up to the challenge.  

£8 million to Bristol City?! Wow. Thought they were getting Dwight Gayle for £6 million?

He didn't fancy it apparently, so Gray is their alternative. Strange move, you'd expect Gray to be on a lot more than he was at Brentford. In terms of a career move I could see him leaving for Hull but not Bristol City.

Gray is the biggest waster of chances in this division along with Donaldson. He missed some sitters at the ipro last season too. If he can sort his finishing out he'd be a Premier League player.

yes Tom .. My nephew is a Luton fan. Then loved him but said yes he scored 30 in a wining team but  missed  another 130 

Archived