Andre Gray

matty1

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does Andy Cole going to Brizzle prove ? Are we to expect seeing Frankie Fielding in an England jersey some time soon ?

Everybody thought Andy Cole was a waste of money for Bristol but he was magnificent for them and then Newcastle and Man U .

Its a democracy and if a club wants a player bad enough they have to pay the going price  

That 9 million for Gray is stupid and in no world is it a bargain 

This is how I see it Derby don't get promoted which is highly likely .

9 million is peanuts to promotion cash. 

I honestly can't see Derby going up with the present team and squad. 

I do tend to agree with the OP if we get promoted then 9 million is a steal

Say I agree, 9 million is worth it if we get promoted, instead of Andre Gray, let's get Ibrahimovic 3 mil fee, 1 yr contract on 120000 a week.

In fact that would be cheaper than Gray,once you'd factored in Grays wages, so why not do that?

Say I agree, 9 million is worth it if we get promoted, instead of Andre Gray, let's get Ibrahimovic 3 mil fee, 1 yr contract on 120000 a week.

In fact that would be cheaper than Gray,once you'd factored in Grays wages, so why not do that?

I don't want to dis Andre Gray as I think he's a good striker .

Ultimately it's down to Clement and if he thinks the present strikers will score enough goals. 

Aw come on mate, we're only three games in, been hammered by injuries already, keep the faith, we'll be alright, ok, I don't think we'll run away with the league but give them a chance to see if they can get into the groove. 

Every time money is mentioned on here the fans say he ain't worth it whatever player it is and start comparing prices and who's worth this and that. 

Thats no way to run a football club and Clement needs to be allowed to strengthen the squad if he needs too. 

I don't want to dis Andre Gray as I think he's a good striker .

Ultimately it's down to Clement and if he thinks the present strikers will score enough goals. 

I'm not saying he's not, but if you think a £9 million player would guarantee promotion, there are far better ways to spend it than him, based on the twice I've seen him with my own eyes.

Money is no guarantee of success, we've seen that here before.

I'm not saying he's not, but if you think a £9 million player would guarantee promotion, there are far better ways to spend it than him, based on the twice I've seen him with my own eyes.

Money is no guarantee of success, we've seen that here before.

But money is an obsession with some fans on here. 

But money is an obsession with some fans on here. 

I see your argument,  it's not our cash after all, but no way, no way at all is he worth £9 million.

You seem to be saying because Bristol bid that, that's what he's worth.

I'm saying if we spend that, there are far far better players than him for that amount, all of which would suit the way we play far better.

Just been reading Brentford fans views, the Besotted blog has called the fee "staggering" and a "kings ransom of a transfer fee", on twitter Brentford fans are saying sell sell sell at that price and Bristol City fans are saying they are paying way over the odds. One Brentford fan even says £3m max is his value.

Curtains you're weird. What the hell has Andy Cole got to do with Bristol City trying to buy Gray?

The amount is ludicrous. He was barely heard of 12 months ago and now after scoring some 18 goals in the Championship he's now worth 9million. 

If there is one thing that's in Bristol City's favour, today's market suggests that if they splash out a stupid amount in him, they can always recoup their money because someone just as stupid will pay that sort of rate.

Blackburn potentially making a profit on Jordan Rhodes proves that.

But still, Bristol City were in League One last season and they certainly don't come across as the sort of team which you'd want to play for. Under Steve Cotterril they're hardly a fluent attacking team or tipped to go up.

Can't trust the word of a guy that has some sort of fruit, I think they're oranges, as his avatar.

It has to mean something. Am I missing something? I don't get it...

I thought they were boiled eggs at 1st!

Scrambled would seem more appropriate,  apparently they're Clementines?

Can't trust the word of a guy that has some sort of fruit, I think they're oranges, as his avatar.

It has to mean something. Am I missing something? I don't get it...

Oranges? they are clementines don't you know anything?

Archived