Andre Gray

matty1

I'm not saying he's worth it, don't know enough to comment. But, this would still mean our 4 strikers cost a grand total of 10mil. Bent, Martin and tray scored 50 goals between them last season and add Weimann to the mix who should get into double figures and that's pretty prolific. We need to protect them more and have options to change formation and cover for injuries. Not saying he's the one we should get but wouldn't be upset if we did

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying he's worth it, don't know enough to comment. But, this would still mean our 4 strikers cost a grand total of 10mil. Bent, Martin and tray scored 50 goals between them last season and add Weimann to the mix who should get into double figures and that's pretty prolific. We need to protect them more and have options to change formation and cover for injuries. Not saying he's the one we should get but wouldn't be upset if we did

Who's tray? Is he the German centre back?

No thank you. Let them have him. I thought they were after Gray and Odubajo combined for £8mil anyway?

In that game when we drew 1-1 his finishing was terrible. I know he scored a lot of goals but his finishing that game could have been the difference between play-offs and no play-offs. Small margins and all that, I think we've got better than him already.

spot on Kernow. My Nephew hails from Luton and they were sad to see him go. Real pace, handy, but his 30 goals for Luton could have been 50 if he had a finish on him. Good championship striker but no way 8 million. Nephew now praying to the gods above because Luton have a 20% sell on clause. 

I would as well Curtains, but not for anything like 8 million ... 2, 3, sure ..

8 million ! On the basis of 1 season in non league and 1 season in a championship side where he did well in an above average team. 8 million in the championship means sent crowds on both sides in to raptures week on week. He isn't worth two x  Tom Ince

I would as well Curtains, but not for anything like 8 million ... 2, 3, sure ..

8 million ! On the basis of 1 season in non league and 1 season in a championship side where he did well in an above average team. 8 million in the championship means sent crowds on both sides in to raptures week on week. He isn't worth two x  Tom Ince

TBH i have to agree, yes he's very good but is he worth twice as much as Incey?. In my opinion no.

Well that's an interesting point of discussion though. Let's say hypothetically we buy Gray for £8m. Do we look at it as "What a rip off Gray was! twice as much as Ince!" or "What a steal Ince was, half as much as Gray!"? I'd say, with the prices being touted around at the moment the latter is more likely to be true than the former. Although I still don't think we should spend £8m more, we have a good squad, and that would certainly put us in risk of FFP if we didn't get promoted.

Well that's an interesting point of discussion though. Let's say hypothetically we buy Gray for £8m. Do we look at it as "What a rip off Gray was! twice as much as Ince!" or "What a steal Ince was, half as much as Gray!"? I'd say, with the prices being touted around at the moment the latter is more likely to be true than the former. Although I still don't think we should spend £8m more, we have a good squad, and that would certainly put us in risk of FFP if we didn't get promoted.

My main thought would be that would mean he'd cost about the same as Bent. Martin, Ince, Weimann, Russell and Dawkins combined...

Yet... for me... Isn't as good as ANY of them individually...

Archived