Andre Gray

matty1

I heard that Fulham are getting Dwight Gayle on loan. What are we doing if that's the case? I'd rather have Gayle than Gray

you say that like it's an absolute statement of fact we even want Gray. 

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like Gray, but £8m is excessive. He's got the whole lot upfront, though, he could easily be a premier league player but would be a huge gamble.

Brentford have made good movements in the window too, I expect them to be one of our main challengers despite warburton's departure.  

Brentford could go either way, this new way of managing could be a huge success or a disaster. 

But if Fulham get Gayle on loan then they will be serious contenders. If we are looking for any striker then why not go for him?

how do you know we are even looking for a striker, and if we are, how do you know we haven't?

Where would that leave Weimann though? Weimann has to play

Clement is going to use different formations so it could mean they both play or neither play. Yesterdays formation 4231 could be Weimann Ince Gray in the 3...442 diamond could have Weimann or Gray up front...we will need plenty of goals and if the price is right Gray would be a decent addition, reminds me of an Ian Wright type of forward 

This would only make sense if Martin was to leave.

3 strikers of the quality of Martin, Bent and Weimann means that we'd be paying £8 million for a player that could well be sat on the bench if Weimann and Bent hit their strides and maintain good levels of form.

However, if Swansea or West Brom ore even a newcomer, come back with an improved offer for Martin that meets our valuation, we will need a third striker to replace him. The sale of Martin would probably fund this transfer too. Gray is certainly an excellent replacement; I was very impressed whenever I saw him last season.

So, in my opinion, would be a good signing but only if Martin left. £8 million is £5 million more than I would have valued him at though...

But wasn't Clement insinuating we buy another striker, as another choice? Say the £8m was for Odubajo and Gray - so the price for Gray was only £4.5-5m - would we want him? If it was just another addition, almost as cover to Sammon then I would.

Plus Gray is better than Sammon - do it kind of fits what Clement said

This would only make sense if Martin was to leave.

3 strikers of the quality of Martin, Bent and Weimann means that we'd be paying £8 million for a player that could well be sat on the bench if Weimann and Bent hit their strides and maintain good levels of form.

However, if Swansea or West Brom ore even a newcomer, come back with an improved offer for Martin that meets our valuation, we will need a third striker to replace him. The sale of Martin would probably fund this transfer too. Gray is certainly an excellent replacement; I was very impressed whenever I saw him last season.

So, in my opinion, would be a good signing but only if Martin left. £8 million is £5 million more than I would have valued him at though...

Chris Martin is still one of our best 3 or 4 players. No deal where he leaves could be described as good.

Look at Watford as a good example here, last season they had 4 top strikers plus the wingers. It worked well as they got promoted. So Gray, Martin, bent and weimann fighting for striking position with Russell and ince as players that would play behind seems a good level of strength in depth. Plus, Gray can be a winger, that leaves us with 4 players that can be wingers in a system. It's all about strength in depth here.

Look at Watford as a good example here, last season they had 4 top strikers plus the wingers. It worked well as they got promoted. So Gray, Martin, bent and weimann fighting for striking position with Russell and ince as players that would play behind seems a good level of strength in depth. Plus, Gray can be a winger, that leaves us with 4 players that can be wingers in a system. It's all about strength in depth here.

I guess so but I wouldn't pay too much for him

Worked for Leicester too if I remember correctly!

Archived