Bolton Wanderers v Derby County

i-Ram

Sounds like a fair result tbh

As has been said, didn't sound like diamond worked today and surprised after all the talk in pre season that we didn't change it.

Weimann didn't sound to be involved anything like as much as Russell, but as said earlier, hard to tell on radio.

Interested to hear what Clements has to say. Tough losing 2 midfielders in first half due to injury though.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First game. Lots of games to go yet. I don't think we are going to run away with the division but we should be up there

All the talk of options and second guessing line-ups and we get one which is completely uninspiring. Just don't understand it. 

Seemed more like a Billy Davies approach to the game - team picked based on the opposition rather than playing our strongest side and dictating that they worry about us rather than the other way around.

Whatever happens tomorrow (I'm over in the US so it's still yesterday) remember nothing is decided after the first game. It truly is a 46 game marathon. I have a good feeling about the match and am excited by the new season, but if we win don't get carried away. It's only the gumps who ever (seemingly always) win the league in August.

If it's a disappointment, remember we have a new coach and a fair few new players and it may take a while before we're firing on all cylinders.

But thank goodness the new season is finally upon us. Come on you Rams!

Not the all guns blazing start that would have been cool, but we've a new coach and lots of new players. We played away from home and didn't concede, despite the problem of having to make two first half midfield subs. And there's a chance to try other things and for the lads to get back out there in a few days' time.

Nothing to be worried about by any means, but it wasn't anything near what we were capable of. DCFC created the more openings but Bolton had the better chances, hitting the bar twice/three times (not sure if the late one was a Carson save). Formation was wrong IMO, we were too narrow and fullbacks got doubled up on all game, with Hendrick and Baird not doing them any favours at all. Baird was laboured in the centre in my opinion. Warnock was poor again, I can't understand why Forsyth didn't start.

Carson - 8. Brilliant performance, one wonder save (I think) and was commanding - claimed all his crosses

Baird - 5

Keogh - 6

Shackell - 8 MOTM

Warnock - 5

Thorne - 7

Hughes & Bryson NA

Ince - 4. Very poor from Tom. Countless openings but didn't ever release/get his shot off. His first touch was not what it was last season and should of buried one with the last kick of the game

Martin - 4. Really was poor. Not the Chrissy of last season. First touch was not there at all

Russell - 7

Shotton - 7 impressed IMO

Hendrick - 5 

Weimann - NA barely touched the ball

Clean sheet and a draw away from home. If we did that every away match id be happy.

True, but the home side won't be so profligate as to hit the woodwork three times every game, and on another day Spearing may have successfully conned the ref into giving a penalty.

Everyone angry and upset are being sarcastic, right? We're one game in, chill out. 

Excellent and valid point  -  if it was Middlesboro , Q. P , R  ,  Hull  instead of Bolton  and we,d got a 0 - 0  draw away   people would have said excellent AWAY POINT  ...         oh and with Chalton beating Q.P.R  2 - 0  ...   WHERE BOUND TO LOSE NEXT WEEK   ;)    ....

We won there last season so there is no reason to be overly satisfied with a point.....especially if it was a slightly lucky point.

we made a few errors today in terms of tactics

hard to comment until we get that right.

I really don't feel comfortable without Hughes in the side and what with Boro coming up we will get destroyed if we play like we did today against a better attacking side.

Warnock and Shotton shouldn't be anywhere near the squad, what's Forsyth done wrong?

Get in a decent CM loan to cover for Bryson/Hughes and stick Sebwankambo on the bench in place of Shotton.

Martin hasn't impressed me all pre season either and where the heck was Dawkins?

Only the first game of the season , win at home and draw away game over .

One thing I would like to say with regards to all these different formations , before our season fell apart through the loss of all our D/M's last season the formation we where playing was fine we where top of the league and virtually coasting, so why change, surely not just because its a new manager, if it is not broken do not fix it .  

Onwards and upwards lads win the next game and we are fine .

Archived