Bolton Wanderers v Derby County

i-Ram

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stick Sebwankambo on the bench in place of Shotton.

Martin hasn't impressed me all pre season either and where the heck was Dawkins?

too many defenders on the bench.

Well, we all knew 4-3-3 was the best system for the players we had.

Now the summer recruitment has given us more options to play other systems, but it hasn't improved the best system currently in place in regards to the players who are comfortable playing it.

If we're going to persist with the chopping and changing, I guess we should get used to a few off diplays until we fully get to grips with it all.

From looking at it from a statistical point of view, it's incredibly alarming that we managed just one shot on target all game and very few other efforts. Wolves travelled to Blackburn to face a much better team and had 10+ efforts on goal.

Well, we all knew 4-3-3 was the best system for the players we had.

Now the summer recruitment has given us more options to play other systems, but it hasn't improved the best system currently in place in regards to the players who are comfortable playing it.

If we're going to persist with the chopping and changing, I guess we should get used to a few off diplays until we fully get to grips with it all.

From looking at it from a statistical point of view, it's incredibly alarming that we managed just one shot on target all game and very few other efforts. Wolves travelled to Blackburn to face a much better team and had 10+ efforts on goal.

how do we know Blackburn are a much better team than Bolton? In 2013 we lost to Burnley amidst claims they were a weak team. By Christmas they were nailed on top two, its impossible at this stage to really compare teams we haven't seen first hand.

Not a bad point away, only gripe is Warnock really, not been great pre season and rate Forsythe quite a head of him. Also Bryson? If he was not fit enough last week, surely he should have been given more time to recover.

Overall not panicking yet and as for formation I'm sure he may try something different against Pompey so this will work its self out. Let's be patient for gods sake

how do we know Blackburn are a much better team than Bolton? In 2013 we lost to Burnley amidst claims they were a weak team. By Christmas they were nailed on top two, its impossible at this stage to really compare teams we haven't seen first hand.

Bolton are awful.

Let's not pick any bones, they're the same side which was somehow worse than us at the back-end of last season and they're so strapped for cash their only summer additons have been freebies like Scott Dobbie and Emile Heskey.

They will probably go down this season, along with Rotherham and one more.

Don't get me wrong, anyone can play well on any given day at this level bit I find it alarming how we failed to create anything, considering the money we've chucked at it plus the opposition.

It could just be one of those days, and I hope it is. But I always find it slightly worrying when a team creates so little.

Jeez.

We did draw away today didn't we, FIRST PROPER GAME OF THE SEASON, and didn't concede a goal, and had to cope with a couple of early substitutions.

Anyway, I am going to let you lot get all your (predictable) negativity out of the way before I start the next match day thread. 

Come on, let it all out and then take some deep breaths.

I will be back at noon tomorrow.

Bolton are awful.

Let's not pick any bones, they're the same side which was somehow worse than us at the back-end of last season and they're so strapped for cash their only summer additons have been freebies like Scott Dobbie and Emile Heskey.

They will probably go down this season, along with Rotherham and one more.

Don't get me wrong, anyone can play well on any given day at this level bit I find it alarming how we failed to create anything, considering the money we've chucked at it plus the opposition.

It could just be one of those days, and I hope it is. But I always find it slightly worrying when a team creates so little.

my point wasn't that Bolton aren't bad, more that ots impossible to say that Blackburn are much better this season.

PistoldPete2

Not a bad point away, only gripe is Warnock really, not been great pre season and rate Forsythe quite a head of him. Also Bryson? If he was not fit enough last week, surely he should have been given more time to recover.

Overall not panicking yet and as for formation I'm sure he may try something different against Pompey so this will work its self out. Let's be patient for gods sake

it's a bad result and the match stats don't look good. Some odd selections by clement. I thought that midfield was where we lack depth, and injuries to hughes and Bryso exposed that. That's why we created so little. Even so it was odd that Dawkins was not even on the bench, he could have been a straight swap for hughes.

like last season, just as our squad look very strong, we quickly get injuries to key players to muck things up. We really need hughes he makes us tick. 

Lack of of width also a problem... Without a natural winger we relied last year on christie and fozzy for overlapping. Sure neither were great defensively but even so, we lose our attacking mojo without them. 

Unfortunately I only heard the last twenty minutes. Welcome to the Alamo but we could have still won it. Potentially disastrous loss of Hughes, even if only one month. Bryson is replaceable. When you watch Ince's interview on Ramsplayer, he does not look amused. The only conclusion that i could draw from that was that he did not like the diamond shape. This may or may not be true at all. Clement said that both teams played a diamond. Did Bolton anticipate our formation. Could we have changed formation to change the result?

Playing well first half, then disrupted by injuries,ground out a point job done

Think this sums it up tbf. We wilted a bit in the sun (as did we in the stands) and maybe a bit lucky at the end, but it would have been harsh if we'd lost. It just wasn't the steamrolling we all felt would happen and I think that's why we're disappointed.

Nothing to be worried about by any means, but it wasn't anything near what we were capable of. DCFC created the more openings but Bolton had the better chances, hitting the bar twice/three times (not sure if the late one was a Carson save). Formation was wrong IMO, we were too narrow and fullbacks got doubled up on all game, with Hendrick and Baird not doing them any favours at all. Baird was laboured in the centre in my opinion. Warnock was poor again, I can't understand why Forsyth didn't start.

Carson - 8. Brilliant performance, one wonder save (I think) and was commanding - claimed all his crosses

Baird - 5

Keogh - 6

Shackell - 8 MOTM

Warnock - 5

Thorne - 7

Hughes & Bryson NA

Ince - 4. Very poor from Tom. Countless openings but didn't ever release/get his shot off. His first touch was not what it was last season and should of buried one with the last kick of the game

Martin - 4. Really was poor. Not the Chrissy of last season. First touch was not there at all

Russell - 7

Shotton - 7 impressed IMO

Hendrick - 5 

Weimann - NA barely touched the ball

Baird 5 and Shotton 7? I can't tell if this is sarcasm or a serious review...

Archived