Liam Bridcutt

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bridcutt would be excellent alongside Thorne in the middle. He is an outstanding player at championship level,  as proven by his time at Brighton. It would also allow Hendrick and Bryson to push on and link up play with the forwards. 

My only question would be about the left side of a diamond formation,  and whether he would be as adept there rather than in the defensive midfield position?

Wouldnt be surprised if we see Bridcutt in a Derby shirt soon. This rumour has been around for a couple of months now and would totally make sense to bring him in now after the injurys we've had. My only concern would be that he's more of a CDM than a Hughes or Bryson type player and we are in real need of more creation in the centre of the park and I dont think he's the answer in that respect. However if we were to start utilising the 4231 system,  then I think he would slot straight in alongside Thorne. If this is the case, then I would welcome the signing, if of course it is going to happen.

If we go 4-2-3-1 then Thorne and Bridcutt would be a very good pairing. 

Otherwise, I just don't see where he would fit in. Bridcutt is the definition of a defensive midfielder, further forward he doesn't look anywhere near as good. I think that's been his problem at Sunderland to be honest. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived