Liam Bridcutt

DcFc Dyycheee

They started at the same time from a big lump up field and he about gets to him as the player slows down and gets his shot away hitting the bar, if you think that's good defending than I give up.

No problems with him being outpaced, that guy would outpace most defenders in this league. He was set for a clear strike on goal, Albentosa did the right thing in using his physical presence and leaning on him - albeit briefly. You were wrong about the 'big lump up field', it was a good ball that dropped nicely for the forward. 

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only CB we have that would have caught that player outright is Keogh. Pretty sure Albentosa came closer than any others would. Why did that happen? Because we were playing a ridiculously high line against a fast team, not because Albentosa is ****.

Keogh wasn't making much ground up on him either :-)

Why have I just read 3 pages of stuff about Raul under Bridcutt thread. Should we not locked this thread as it looks like not happening or never was happening

GOMS - Grumpy old man syndrome

As a grumpy old man what's your opinion on pointless acronyms?

Why would you not want Bridcutt? Would be a great signing :huh:

Sorry, I'm posting about Bridcutt...

There's quite a few good reasons why we shouldn't sign him IMO .

1) I think he is average player. It's wise that defensive midfielder with his size tries to play like Makelele and to be fair his first time passes are fine. But that's about it. For a player who sits in front of defence, he struggles with positioning way too much. And his tackling is even worse. Timing is clearly his problem, quite usual with as aggressive players as he is. So Makelele without ability to tackle properly or even be on the right place is as useful as Sammon without workrate.

2) Squadwise, I don't think our midfield could carry one more very limited player. Dawkins, Bryson, Hendrick are all okay, but they are limited too. We should get someone who would be more of a jack of all trades and not another one who is not able to adjust his style during games. Clever players can, like Hughes and what I've seen, Baird too. Not sure about Thorne, he looks ike he would have all the attributes to play for example higher, but I'm not sure about his mentality. Looks very comfortable when the game is in front of him. I think our midfield are not as good as many of us think it is, it can't adapt which IMO was one of the reasons of our downfall last season.

3) We just spend about 5£ millions for Ince. IMO it would be pure madness to spend 2£ millions to average Championship player (with right role he could even be good, I'll give you that) who clearly are not able to step up in Prem.

4) I hate Scottish gnomes.

Sky saying we've bid 2m. But they're obviously wrong too because Mr Nicholson says we're not interested. Nixon seemingly right again

Might just be sky using the same source as nixon, they have got it wrong plenty before. At this point its not even worth trying to guess whats happening anymore

Does anyone get the feeling there is 'something' going on here.

Nixon has said we are after him, the telegraph even ran a story a couple of weeks back saying we were interested.  Sky Sports are now saying we have bid, yet Owen Bradley and Steve Nicholson know nothing about it.

Mel Morris has been trying to reduce the amount of leaked information about transfers that is seen on forums, I wonder if this is Owen Bradleys and Nicholsons way of denying all knowledge to show it isn't them leaking info?

Totally random guess, but very strange how this one is panning out.

He was in Derby as I said a few weeks ago, but there were stumbling blocks. I'm told that he wanted unreasonable wages and a significant upfront cost which caused the deal to fall through. Whether we're going to renew our interest or not is something us fans are going to have to wait and see. 

He was in Derby as I said a few weeks ago, but there were stumbling blocks. I'm told that he wanted unreasonable wages and a significant upfront cost which caused the deal to fall through. Whether we're going to renew our interest or not is something us fans are going to have to wait and see. 

And how does your source know this? Because it sounds like cack. 

Admittedly, I think we're after him and I think we'll get him - but I can't see Sunderland being that bothered about the upfront : later spread. They just seem to want rid...

Does anyone get the feeling there is 'something' going on here.

Nixon has said we are after him, the telegraph even ran a story a couple of weeks back saying we were interested.  Sky Sports are now saying we have bid, yet Owen Bradley and Steve Nicholson know nothing about it.

Mel Morris has been trying to reduce the amount of leaked information about transfers that is seen on forums, I wonder if this is Owen Bradleys and Nicholsons way of denying all knowledge to show it isn't them leaking info?

Totally random guess, but very strange how this one is panning out.

f8556bb6f978e453b83151e50d8016aa.png

Archived