Liam Bridcutt

DcFc Dyycheee

Mostyn, how can you post that tripe with a straight face? (assuming you did). "did not struggle for pace", "did not struggle with passing" , "occasional hoof", "some terrace bully boys like to have a target for their hated". "suckered into this myth that Albentosa has been rubbish when in reality he was in an average team".

I don't dislike Raul, I've never met him. One thing I can tell you though is that he is not good enough for a top championship side. In my opinion the powers that be have made a mistake on this one. Not bitter, not hateful, not angry, not my money!

You have your opinion and I have mine. Am I more qualified to judge than you? Yes, but I wont expand. You are still entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

well this is the thing, you can only accuse someone of struggling for pace if you've seen them struggle....er....with pace. Now take your time, but please remind me of the time(s) where a player has beaten Albentosa for pace in or around the box, and I'll award treble points if any led to an opposition goal. The hospital pass from Will Hughes v Reading doesn't count.

his passing was hit and miss, and the misses were purely down to lack of understanding, not inability to pass. Poor decisions (as a team) and poor communication (as a team) were to blame.

his hoofs were occasional, and that is the truth because I have seen him make several passes along the floor. His propensity to hoof is no greater than any of our defenders.

The comments about fan perceptions speaks for itself. As for you opinion.....and you qualifications... we all know what we know. I am convinced Albentosa will make some of you look silly.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well this is the thing, you can only accuse someone of struggling for pace if you've seen them struggle....er....with pace. Now take your time, but please remind me of the time(s) where a player has beaten Albentosa for pace in or around the box, and I'll award treble points if any led to an opposition goal. The hospital pass from Will Hughes v Reading doesn't count.

his passing was hit and miss, and the misses were purely down to lack of understanding, not inability to pass. Poor decisions (as a team) and poor communication (as a team) were to blame.

his hoofs were occasional, and that is the truth because I have seen him make several passes along the floor. His propensity to hoof is no greater than any of our defenders.

The comments about fan perceptions speaks for itself. As for you opinion.....and you qualifications... we all know what we know. I am convinced Albentosa will make some of you look silly.

As am I, Mostyn!

They were all shocking at the back in this game but Albentosa does look like he is treading water

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2015/03/21/watch-highlights-of-wolves-2-derby-0/

I was with you up until this point. He definitely did a couple of times.

It was almost Dickensian in its rapier-like wit.

As in "Do you like Dickens?"

"I don't know - I've never been to one"

does he buggery!! He catches him and ends up shoulder to shoulder, even with a bad hamstring!

They started at the same time from a big lump up field and he about gets to him as the player slows down and gets his shot away hitting the bar, if you think that's good defending than I give up.

They started at the same time from a big lump up field and he about gets to him as the player slows down and gets his shot away hitting the bar, if you think that's good defending than I give up.

The only CB we have that would have caught that player outright is Keogh. Pretty sure Albentosa came closer than any others would. Why did that happen? Because we were playing a ridiculously high line against a fast team, not because Albentosa is ****.

The only CB we have that would have caught that player outright is Keogh. Pretty sure Albentosa came closer than any others would. Why did that happen? Because we were playing a ridiculously high line against a fast team, not because Albentosa is ****.

It was poor defending, the ball was launched from just outside their box, he had plenty of time to drop off or do whatever he chose, he reacted slowly and then was left done for pace. Talk about excuses, that was school boy stuff, as was Grants punch and the defending for the 1st goal in this match

Our system last season was, by-and-large, about controlling the game and keeping the ball in the oppositions' half. As a result of this we had to keep a high line. In the clip we are also chasing the game. 

This is my biggest gripe with the signing of Albentosa (not Albentosa himself) - he just didn't fit the system and so looked shocking. He came from a side that were well organised and looked exceptional in a league better than our own. He's proven that he CAN be a good defender in the right team, last season we weren't the right team. Perhaps we will be next year, I don't know. 

Our system last season was, by-and-large, about controlling the game and keeping the ball in the oppositions' half. As a result of this we had to keep a high line. In the clip we are also chasing the game. 

This is my biggest gripe with the signing of Albentosa (not Albentosa himself) - he just didn't fit the system and so looked shocking. He came from a side that were well organised and looked exceptional in a league better than our own. He's proven that he CAN be a good defender in the right team, last season we weren't the right team. Perhaps we will be next year, I don't know. 

My gripe is against people saying he has barely played for us, well about 8 times, is he only actually played 17 times in la liga so he didn't prove himself really at a higher level, people like Shotton, Warnock, Gary teale were more proven at a higher level. I agree he didn't fit what we needed, if he cant play left side then it didn't make any sense as Keogh was always going to keep his place.

Why have I just read 3 pages of stuff about Raul under Bridcutt thread. Should we not locked this thread as it looks like not happening or never was happening

GOMS - Grumpy old man syndrome

I'm for that. 

No it's because we spent a lot of money on him, he bought out his own contract to be here and would rather not have a defender who doesn't get a look in on the wage bill. No ones giving him a chance to play in consecutive games to show what he can do in a settled defence, only seen him in the odd game and we're judging him on that.

Hang on - I thought he was bargain basement? £500k???

which are riches undreamed of for the likes of us, but in football transfer terms is.....well......[was going to inset picture of peanuts but system wouldn't let me, damn it.....damn it......]

How is Simon?;)

Looking at the majority of the current squad, Simon appears to have done quite well. Strangely, Clough Snr. also used a newsagent / postmaster as a main scout and he didn't do too bad either.

Archived