Jake Buxton

Dale The Ram

This deserves to be watched, I know some people aren't fans of Buxton but I for one am in awe of this player. Not often you get such a grounded, well spoken motivated individual who gives everything for their club.

How this man hasn't been captain I will never know.

Hopefully he will give a big helping Bucko hand in getting us promoted next season

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favourite ever Derby player - comfortably. 

Along with Hughes and Martin, Buxton is the player I would least like to lose this summer. He's a top centre back at this level, in my opinion, and his character means that he'll fight tooth and nail to get that starting spot when others could moan to their agent.

If Buxton even has an agent, I would be surprised. He deserves one, though. As close as Buxton and Clough supposedly were, I bet he has spent a fair few years here earning a lot less than lesser players around him.

Fantastic man, fantastic player for us.

Will go down as one of our more recent 'legends'.

If there's anyone who epitomizes how I, and I expect many Derby fans would feel to be able to play for the club, then it's that man.

Fear of spiders is called arachnophobia, fear of tight spaces is called claustrophobia, and fear of Jake Buxton is just plain logic.

Jake Buxton beat the sun in a staring contest.

Jake Buxton makes onions cry.

and.....the saddest moment for every Forest youth player is not when they learn that Sanata isn't real, it's when they learn that Jake Buxton is.

Great gentleman, great attitude, great player, great super Jake Buxton of super great Derby County.

A true Ram, a team player, that has a wonderful manner, and one I'm sure our MM would like to stay at our fantastic club for many years to come.

Super, smashing, great, better than any speedboat or a bit of bully......In one......Jake Buxton.

Thought I couldn't love him any more, then watching the video realised he has a magic left eyebrow, a la Roger Moore. 

Watch the video again, it starts off level with the right eyebrow,  by the end it's like a new fringe!

Archived