SIGNED: Scott Carson

Ramble On

Scott Carson signing prediction   

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hope the rival club gets him, unless he is experienced back up for Grant which I guess is okay.

​But where does that leave Roos? I would have thought this was the season he could get a chance and push Grant for a starting spot, not drop down to 3rd in the pecking order

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All you Grant haters, look at this and remember we might be signing this... He was this good in his prime

Blimey Dale, one mistake mate 7 years ago. I remember some poor efforts recently by Hart, and Seaman, and James, and dare I mention the mighty Shilts.

Imo a massive overreaction against him. Apart from the England howler what do you guys know about him?

​That he's not a major (if any) improvement on Grant and if we were looking for a new keeper, I would have hoped the scouting team could have found someone a lot better

Blimey Dale, one mistake mate 7 years ago. I remember some poor efforts recently by Hart, and Seaman, and James, and dare I mention the mighty Shilts.

​Admittedly it was a while ago but im still hurting from him and Robinson and Rob Green but out of every goalkeeper on the planet, CARSON? Really?

​I know right. How many howler's did Grant have last season...

​Exactly, he punched the ball into the back of his own f*****g net at one point! hopefully Carson signing gives him a big kick up the a**e! i don't think he felt threatened by Roos at all last season 

​I don't rate him any higher than Grant. Nothing against Carson specifically, but I'm worried about the culture it creates at the club.

​Yeah this is my biggest worry. That team spirit we once that gave us that swagger had just feels even further away when I imagine players like Carson coming in as a big name on big wages. But I guess every top 17 Premier League team is like this nowadays.

Also, don't like the idea of us being the 'villains' of the league throwing our money around. Like QPR (as you hinted to in your earlier post).

All you Grant haters, look at this and remember we might be signing this... He was this good in his prime

How many times did he punch the ball into his own net, and how many did he concede direct from a corner?

Times and expectations certainly change...

2011- Frank Fielding largely hailed as a solid keeper at this level, and a good signing. Saul Deeney as backup.

2015- Scott Carson lambasted as 'uninspiring' and a poor choice give the multitude of other top quality keepers chomping at the bit to play Championship football for Derby. Lee Grant as backup. 

I'm baffled as to how this could not be seen as a positive move if we do bring him in.

Archived