SIGNED: Scott Carson

Ramble On

Scott Carson signing prediction   

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Exactly! i like Grant, and i want him to rediscover THAT form, not the pathetic performances he was putting in at the end of the season. Its not a bad thing having Lee Grant and Scott Carson as your goalkeepers!

​It is if you end up with 2 experienced goalkeepers who both makes mistakes while you have a youngster who hasn't done anything wrong when he's got a chance, slowly falling down the pecking order

Not enough of an upgrade (if at all) but as always, happy to be proven wrong.

We need to be concentrating on other areas of the pitch such as RB, DM and the wide areas - also not the right area but would I prefer spending £4.5m (ish) on Ince or around £3m on Jota - it's pretty close to me.

Times and expectations certainly change...

2011- Frank Fielding largely hailed as a solid keeper at this level, and a good signing. Saul Deeney as backup.

2015- Scott Carson lambasted as 'uninspiring' and a poor choice give the multitude of other top quality keepers chomping at the bit to play Championship football for Derby. Lee Grant as backup. 

I'm baffled as to how this could not be seen as a positive move if we do bring him in.

Agree entirely.... VERY SHORT MEMORIES

Lee Grant is a great shot stopper. But he really is bad at everything else. Not commanding from set pieces. He is too slow and deep for balls playing the opposition in behind our back line. He does not look before making a pass. He simply kicks the ball the way his head is facing. 

​Grant made a lot more saves, catches, distributed the ball a lot better...etc 

Every single area I can put into the opta database Grant comes out on top. 

Do they do one for waving at crosses at Rotherham, punching the ball into his own net at Wolves and conceding direct from a corner at Huddersfield?

Times and expectations certainly change...

2011- Frank Fielding largely hailed as a solid keeper at this level, and a good signing. Saul Deeney as backup.

2015- Scott Carson lambasted as 'uninspiring' and a poor choice give the multitude of other top quality keepers chomping at the bit to play Championship football for Derby. Lee Grant as backup. 

I'm baffled as to how this could not be seen as a positive move if we do bring him in.

​Because if we're looking to replace Grant, surely we should go for someone a lot better than him rather than someone very similar like Carson (maybe even worse). And I know I'm not the one paying the wages, but Carson will almost certainly be on high wages so I would have thought Evans could have found someone much better for whatever amount Carson will be on

Is this anti-Carson tone coming from a protective love of Lee Grant? I cant see why so many don't rate Carson? To those who don't rate him..........................why?

​Do like Lee Grant, think his confidence dropped and the back 4 didn't really help out at the tail end.

With Carson though, Experienced - yes , Talented - He could still do a job a Birmingham for example but what is the point? Grant is a great Championship Goalkeeper and Roos should be number 2 I can only see Carson as number 3 IMO

Didn't see this one coming.

I'm hardly blown away by this but I'd prefer Grant or any player for that matter to have competition. We should look to send Roos on loan - he needs game time and we've got that other lad who used to play for Newcastle in the U-21's.

Competition between 2 experienced goalies? Yeah seems fair enough to me. The best decision in the goalkeeping department we could make is keeping hold of Eric Steele.

Archived