The 1884 Group

I was having a play with my fireworks design studio because my PSD wont bloody open, argh.

clocks2.png

​Like that mate!!!

Just quickly - as many have suggested on here, it would look visually brilliant if people in the southstand could purchase a small flag themselves and bring them to the ground on match days... Ive taken the first step and purchased one! This with a couple of larger flags purchased via fund raising would be class.

For anyone that's interested, i bought the flag of eBay, 5ft by 3ft, see link below. only a couple quid, be good if others followed suit!

I will let you know what the quality is like :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHEQUERED-BLACK-WHITE-CHECK-F1-RACING-LARGE-5-x-3FT-FANS-NEWCASTLE-QUALITY-FLAG-/390962431642?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5b072d469a

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flagpoles - I think they have to be plastic with stoppers on the end but will check with the club.

meeting dcfc - John vicars is on holibobs until Friday so will be getting a date in the diary next week.

Small flags - let us know the quality, I think they're the cheapest ones I've seen.

all coming along nicely at the moment, will be doing an emblem comp on Twitter soon, meeting with Nick, and pushing on next week.

Flagpoles - I think they have to be plastic with stoppers on the end but will check with the club.

meeting dcfc - John vicars is on holibobs until Friday so will be getting a date in the diary next week.

Small flags - let us know the quality, I think they're the cheapest ones I've seen.

all coming along nicely at the moment, will be doing an emblem comp on Twitter soon, meeting with Nick, and pushing on next week.

​Good Luck :D

How much to rig the comp? Blatter-style

​Quick editorial comment. Why use six words when three would be better (allowing them to stand out more)? "Watching over us" works just as well for me.

​I just asked my lad to knock something up to give a rough idea of what I wanted. People can alter or edit as they see fit.

Not read this entire thread as I've been away and it's gone on a lot. But the atmosphere won't get better till we get rid of the 'we only sing when we're winning' mentality. When we lose a goal everyone starts moaning. I spent last season in the south stand and the moaning is as bad as anywhere. One bloke said 'oh here we go again, just f-- tackle' on the second minute! Some games I listened to a woman moan all game about having to stand up. 

I know it's flippant but what we need is a Moaning Area. Let them all sit together and be miserable and leave the rest alone to try and improve the experience for others. 

Shame we don't have something as good for Chris Martin........

"Oooh Chris Martin for Derby

He wears the black and white

He's just like Diago Costa

Except he's not as tight

He scores them with his left foot

He scores them with his right

And when he's down the iPro

He scores all f****ng night"

Archived