The 1884 Group

Also like "we are sailing" don't know what the actual song is called lol, but we don't have a song yet that we are able to hold our scarves up and sing together! nice slow paced song would song and look visually incredible if the whole south stand got involved.

@eddie im sure you've been going to games a fair bit before I was born, were there any songs we used to sing in the old BBG that deserve to come back?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@eddie im sure you've been going to games a fair bit before I was born, were there any songs we used to sing in the old BBG that deserve to come back?

Give us a D, give us an E.......

What have you got?

You've got the best team in the land (to the tune 'he's got the whole world in his hands...)

Perhaps not.

We used to get the whole BBG rocking with the chant "Derby" (clap clap clap), round and round the ground. Sometimes simple is best.

All things bright and beautiful,

all creatures great and small,

all things wise and wonderful,

Brian Clough bought them all.

He bought us Archie Gemmill,

He bought us Colin Todd,

He also bought McGovern,

The silly f***ing sod

(still my favourite)

I haven't looked through the entire thread so not sure if been suggested yet but a Bryson 'Deforestation' banner/flag is an idea, even if he was to leave, beating Forest 5-0 and scoring a hat-trick was legendary (Steve Bloomer-esque) 

​Would be good for Derby day so the Florists can be constantly reminded of that day :D

JdH3kMS.jpg

"Finds some space, dribbles on, goes into the United box.... Shoots! Oooohhh it's in! What a run!"

​That's not only great picture, it's also moment I'll never forget. Worth a flag IMO.

​That's not only great picture, it's also moment I'll never forget. Worth a flag IMO.

​One of the truly great goals of the last 50 years, up there with Charlie's first-timer against Real Madrid, Hector's opener against Huddersfield, Dave Mackay's goal against Chelsea in the legendary League Cup game and John McGovern's strike against Liverpool which eventually won us the league in 1972

​LOL!

Reminds me of you and your phone in Ukraine not replying Ady lad! ;-)

Sorry mate genuinley did not see your tweet. Like to have a break from twitter over the summer for obvious reasons.

Great what these guys are doing and have responded to an email re any help I can offer.

Yes we do need more flags just to give the place some colour. This shouldnt be unique to the South Stand though. Already looking around the Ipro towards end of last season was great to see them all in the South West Corner.

Re something i seen earlier. There isnt any kind of 'group' operating in the South Stand and since the move there never has been as no one could get together when move happened. Found it funny that me and 50 of my mates try to run the show LOL! I stand with me 7 year old at back not with the lads and again they are all scattered. You gotta love a myth!

Anyway lets crack on. We purchased 2 banners last season with the East Midlands and South Stand Rams and spent just over £1000 that were raised I think it was. Can easily be achieved again I am sure.

Anything adding to the atmosphere has to be seen as a good thing in my opinion.

What isn't a myth is that there are small groups of mates all singing on their own, and won't sing any song unless they start it, that you can't deny. That is the problem that plagued the South stand last year. I did say 'not just you'.

'We'll sing on our own' is nothing to be proud of! There's always about 3 or 4 songs going on at once, so all anyone can hear is a cacophony of songs that sort of resemble Derby chants.

The worst of it is when people totally fail the pace of Steve Bloomers Watching.

What isn't a myth is that there are small groups of mates all singing on their own, and won't sing any song unless they start it, that you can't deny. That is the problem that plagued the South stand last year. I did say 'not just you'.

'We'll sing on our own' is nothing to be proud of! There's always about 3 or 4 songs going on at once, so all anyone can hear is a cacophony of songs that sort of resemble Derby chants.

The worst of it is when people totally fail the pace of Steve Bloomers Watching.

How do you think that can be stopped? Sing songs for longer so everyone can hear them and join in? We seem to go round songs twice then stop.

How do you think that can be stopped? Sing songs for longer so everyone can hear them and join in? We seem to go round songs twice then stop.

​Definitely carry on songs for longer! How long does "we are derby" last now a days? fades out once towards the end of the second round.

Archived