The 1884 Group

I've not really read the whole thread and i cba to be honest.

Can someone summarise what the plan is and what the current situation is???

Are we getting more flanges?

We will be trying to get the stadium filled with black and white Flanges, banners, streamers, ticker tape, card displays, etc.

Will take time but we are planning on having a start at first home game of the season.

we will be launching at some point in the next 2 weeks.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do you have to have a group? Why can't it just be the whole of the South Stand as Derby fans? I know the intention is to get everyone singing but having a defined group will only serve to further fragment and divide our support, just like the Barmy Army and the Block A thing did.

Bring banners, flags, scarves, flares and tickertape by all means but get the whole stand involved. Encourage people to bring their own rather than just sticking 5 flags at specific points in the stand.

No matter how committed you and your 20 or so lads are it will look rubbish unless you have the whole stand backing you up.

And yes, those banners look rubbish. Sorry.

Why do you have to have a group? Why can't it just be the whole of the South Stand as Derby fans? I know the intention is to get everyone singing but having a defined group will only serve to further fragment and divide our support, just like the Barmy Army and the Block A thing did.

Bring banners, flags, scarves, flares and tickertape by all means but get the whole stand involved. Encourage people to bring their own rather than just sticking 5 flags at specific points in the stand.

No matter how committed you and your 20 or so lads are it will look rubbish unless you have the whole stand backing you up.

We're not going to be exclusive. The idea is that any thing we produce will be spread across the whole south stand. If we get enough support to buy 500 5x3 ft flags they will be put randomly across the whole stand. Hopefully that will encourage people to bring their own stuff too, that's exactly what we want.

we won't be doing anything for the benefit of a group of 20 people, it will be for everyone.

whether that is turning the concourses black and white, giving every person a balloon/streamer/flag/scarf.

and if things go well, it will be the whole ground, not just the south stand, but you have to start somewhere.

as for the images above, they are to give the concept an identity, not to be a banner, they're not right for that. You don't need to apologise for giving your opinion! ?

This group has been set up because we want to encourage people to get involved in improving the atmosphere, not to take over or give people instructions. We're not daft!

Our plan is to have something visual at the 1st home game that inspires people to join in so that by October the iPro is a noisy, positive place that is dominated by black and white.

Any constructive ideas on how to get that across to people are welcome!

​Big trees from little acorns grow

​So you have half stick?

​No flies on you, Dimmu - or even half flies.

Speaking of which….

Half a bee, philosophically, must ipso facto, half no be.

But half a bee has got to be, vis a vis, its entity. You see?

But can a bee be said to be or not to be an entire bee,

When half a bee is not a bee, due to some ancient injury?

Song suggestion alert! let me know what you think *queue waves of abuse lol*

"I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more just to be the man who walked a thousand miles to see Chris Martin score DA DAAA DA!"

Scottish song, by 2 scottish blokes, about a Scottish footballer, who scores goals. boom.

​16 likes on the above suggestion, gotta be worth trying on match days ;):p

Directed mainly towards the "1884group" user, the flag i purchased for around £2 arrived today. 5ft by 3ft, the quality is absolutely spot on IMO. Would definitely recommend mate. (cant post the picture for some reason!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390962431642?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

​16 likes on the above suggestion, gotta be worth trying on match days ;):p

Directed mainly towards the "1884group" user, the flag i purchased for around £2 arrived today. 5ft by 3ft, the quality is absolutely spot on IMO. Would definitely recommend mate. (cant post the picture for some reason!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390962431642?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

​Thanks Sam good to know.

Does it come with a fire certificate or fire label on the flag, the stewards won't allow them without that.

Also waiting to speak to the club about flagpoles! What is and isn't allowed etc!

Good work and make sure you bring it on the first home game!

​Thanks Sam good to know.

Does it come with a fire certificate or fire label on the flag, the stewards won't allow them without that.

Also waiting to speak to the club about flagpoles! What is and isn't allowed etc!

Good work and make sure you bring it on the first home game!

​....yes :ph34r:

​....yes :ph34r:

​........still going to bring it to the games :p If the whole stand is kitted out with black and white flags, scarves etc regularly, surely they wont bother checking whether my flag is retarded for flames.

I didn't honestly check but as its a £2 eBay flag manufactured in China, chances are it doesn't have a fire label lol.

Right then folks, choose your favourite for our emblem. This will be used to signify the 1884 Group going forward. Making a decision on Friday based on social media voting plus feedback here.

IMG_20150608_204849.jpg

received_10153393560092002.jpeg

​Put photoshop down before you get locked away for crimes against graphic design.

Its a shame people just take the piss out of people who get off their arses and try to do something. Good luck to you 1884. Also, to Joe the Ram who questioned why we had to have a group etc etc, well quite simply if nobody tries to take some sort of lead, nothing happens. That's life  

Its a shame people just take the piss out of people who get off their arses and try to do something. Good luck to you 1884. Also, to Joe the Ram who questioned why we had to have a group etc etc, well quite simply if nobody tries to take some sort of lead, nothing happens. That's life  

​Your always going to get some form of negativity when attempting to form something like this 1884 group. Unless its constructive its best not to take notice.

Not me who designed them but someone with a lot of experience in design.

You're welcome to have a go at an alternative and put your money where your mouth is ? 

Doing art in high school doesn't count. 

Archived