The 1884 Group

We're going for all of this!!

Hoping we can get to £800 over the summer. We're on £75 after 3 hours, a week before payday so it's looking positive.

Then can start doing fundraising at games when people see what we're actually doing.

If you're raising £800 for the first game, how much of that investment can be carried over to other games? Some of the things can be reused but other stuff won't be able to.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're raising £800 for the first game, how much of that investment can be carried over to other games? Some of the things can be reused but other stuff won't be able to.

Good question.

Assuming people don't take the flags home, around £550 will be spent on reusable stock, £250 on one time only things like balloons, streamers, leaflets, stickers, etc. Flagpoles and fire-safe flags aren't cheap.

The idea is that we continue to fundraise throughout the season, stepping up every 4 or 5 home games so that come season end, the reusable stock is substantial.

Will be a case of trial and error starting off though.

Hoping we can get to £800 over the summer. We're on £75 after 3 hours, a week before payday so it's looking positive.

Then can start doing fundraising at games when people see what we're actually doing.

Awesome! You'll have another donation on the 30th of this month :)

I say advertise in the preseason games, when were all at the point of looking at game 1

Posted this elsewhere but will give it a go again:

Thank you very much for Lee Grant

Cyrus Christie

Craig Forsythe

Richard Keogh

Jake Buxton....  etc...you get the idea

Thank you very much for Paul Clement

For Our Super Team

And;

All teams must wonder
What are we gonna do
'Cos there ain't no cure for the super Will Hughes

(Summertime Blues - Eddie Cochrane)

And:

To the chorus of Ghostriders in the Sky http://youtu.be/Mynzbmrtp9I
(Yipee-ay-o, yipee-ay-ay)

Scoring at home
Scoring away-ay
Super Rams flying high

I don't think this tune has been used by any other teams yet.

how about these words to the chorus of Common People by Pulp:

We are the fans of Derby County
We sing and shout wherever Derby County play
We are the fans of Derby County
We watch the Rams play home or away

Ok, not wanting to be too controversial, but why fire safe flags? Have you actually asked the club at what size does something need to be firesafe. Ok if its something that is extremely large and permanently draped like a wall covering so the surface  in a fire situation would support a running surface flame (not class 'O' standard) then yes fire retard-ency needed. But for a flag that is not as large and waved, or momentarily surfed then packed away. I do not see the need. As fans we turn up with more dodgy fabrics covering our personage and take a seat. yet we don't have to provide certification. Might be an idea for someone to ask Nigel the Safety Officer. He will then contact the local enforcing authorities for guidance and assured advice. Trust me you may get a pleasant surprise should the club have a grown up conversation with their Fire Safety advisors. But be mindful, the first time someone starts knobbing about with a 'flare/pyrotechnic' near your flags, it'd be reviewed!

Ok, not wanting to be too controversial, but why fire safe flags? Have you actually asked the club at what size does something need to be firesafe. Ok if its something that is extremely large and permanently draped like a wall covering so the surface  in a fire situation would support a running surface flame (not class 'O' standard) then yes fire retard-ency needed. But for a flag that is not as large and waved, or momentarily surfed then packed away. I do not see the need. As fans we turn up with more dodgy fabrics covering our personage and take a seat. yet we don't have to provide certification. Might be an idea for someone to ask Nigel the Safety Officer. He will then contact the local enforcing authorities for guidance and assured advice. Trust me you may get a pleasant surprise should the club have a grown up conversation with their Fire Safety advisors. But be mindful, the first time someone starts knobbing about with a 'flare/pyrotechnic' near your flags, it'd be reviewed!

will clarify this next week, but so far it seems anything above a 3ft x 2ft flag needs to be fire retardant.

hopefully I'm wrong, will make things much cheaper!

Posted this elsewhere but will give it a go again:

Thank you very much for Lee Grant

Cyrus Christie

Craig Forsythe

Richard Keogh

Jake Buxton....  etc...you get the idea

Thank you very much for Paul Clement

For Our Super Team

That's over ambitious - ironic chants usually fall flat

will clarify this next week, but so far it seems anything above a 3ft x 2ft flag needs to be fire retardant.

hopefully I'm wrong, will make things much cheaper!

Think it does need that and it's for health and safety reasons I think.

Archived