The 1884 Group

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Proves my point, trying to get their moneys worth out of it bless em, was only there 2 years and they got a flag made up, daft move

​Maybe there's a secondary market for flags...  a few snips, run it through a sewing machine and that could be OUR Keogh flag. 

I tweeted Nick other day about it and surprise surprise no reply at all.  I did mentioned on this forum we need something like that in South Stand, new ideas needed and NEW SONGS too.

Black & white with Ram in the middle will look quality in South Stand

Black & white ballons

Plenty big & small flags

Banners of Derby County legends? Likes of Gordon Guthrie etc?

Banners for current players? Likes of Hughes, Hendrick, Russell(The one he celebrated at Brum to us) Grant etc

Think of DECENT songs to go with it.

Get iPro ROCKING every game

:)

​LOL!

Reminds me of you and your phone in Ukraine not replying Ady lad! ;-)

Sorry mate genuinley did not see your tweet. Like to have a break from twitter over the summer for obvious reasons.

Great what these guys are doing and have responded to an email re any help I can offer.

Yes we do need more flags just to give the place some colour. This shouldnt be unique to the South Stand though. Already looking around the Ipro towards end of last season was great to see them all in the South West Corner.

Re something i seen earlier. There isnt any kind of 'group' operating in the South Stand and since the move there never has been as no one could get together when move happened. Found it funny that me and 50 of my mates try to run the show LOL! I stand with me 7 year old at back not with the lads and again they are all scattered. You gotta love a myth!

Anyway lets crack on. We purchased 2 banners last season with the East Midlands and South Stand Rams and spent just over £1000 that were raised I think it was. Can easily be achieved again I am sure.

Anything adding to the atmosphere has to be seen as a good thing in my opinion.

If the club are serious about the fans being the 12th man and all the comments we hear about "we want to get this place rocking", surely there should be some help from the club for this.

If the club just put £10,000 in to help get some flags, banners etc, that would help so much. All in all its not a great deal of money for a club our size.

look at Arsenal, they have huge flags behind the goal that get waved when they score, I assume the club bought them.

We already have flags that the kids wave around the edge of the pitch as the players come out, surely they can be used somewhere during the game (without obscuring people's view obviously.) 

Come on Mr Rush, get your hand in your pocket to help the Fans with this one. Or better still, get a community liaison officer at the club to help the fans get together to organise it properly.

UTR!

There seems to be a real motivation amongst people to get this going.

Hopefully discussions with the club will prove successful which means in July we can launch how it's all going to work.

Important that the club backs it, financially or otherwise, and that we involve people already doing great work, eg Nick, Higgo, Adam, etc.

Could be something special!

​LOL!

Reminds me of you and your phone in Ukraine not replying Ady lad! ;-)

Sorry mate genuinley did not see your tweet. Like to have a break from twitter over the summer for obvious reasons.

Great what these guys are doing and have responded to an email re any help I can offer.

Yes we do need more flags just to give the place some colour. This shouldnt be unique to the South Stand though. Already looking around the Ipro towards end of last season was great to see them all in the South West Corner.

Re something i seen earlier. There isnt any kind of 'group' operating in the South Stand and since the move there never has been as no one could get together when move happened. Found it funny that me and 50 of my mates try to run the show LOL! I stand with me 7 year old at back not with the lads and again they are all scattered. You gotta love a myth!

Anyway lets crack on. We purchased 2 banners last season with the East Midlands and South Stand Rams and spent just over £1000 that were raised I think it was. Can easily be achieved again I am sure.

Anything adding to the atmosphere has to be seen as a good thing in my opinion.

​Hahaha bloody phone died sorry about that Nick lad (need to charge it day or 2 before the game next time honest!) please let me know what happening with this for next season and we can talk for more ideas etc.

Flags, banner ideas………as mentioned already, probably better off with former greats like Kevin Hector and something for The Baseball Ground instead of current players and air brushing out old sponsors off the shirts where required etc.

Kevin Hector

2hmfxok.jpg

The Baseball Ground

25f51d3.jpg

But if also going for current players……

Chris Martin

30mwqa1.jpg

Johnny Russell & Chris Martin

2qjwvfl.jpg

Anybody want to join The 2008 Group?  Based in Brighton, you can sit on my sofa (bought in 2008 from DFS) to watch or listen to games. Scarves are ok, but no flags please as I can see something on the mantelpiece getting broken.  Singing is ok , but no swearing please. Mrs iRam might agree that Stan is wearing an appropriate hat for his persona but she doesn't want the neighbours to know too.

Flags, banner ideas………as mentioned already, probably better off with former greats like Kevin Hector and something for The Baseball Ground instead of current players and air brushing out old sponsors off the shirts where required etc.

Kevin Hector

2hmfxok.jpg

The Baseball Ground

25f51d3.jpg

But if also going for current players……

Chris Martin

30mwqa1.jpg

Johnny Russell & Chris Martin

2qjwvfl.jpg

​Yes to all 4. The England DCFC flags look awful. 

The Steve Bloomer one is really good.

I think it's difficult to do large banners for current players due to cost, but legends, BBG, etc I'm all for.

What are people's thoughts on tonnes of little flags, how much moaning will there be from people saying they can't see should we expect?!

And as for the Keogh masks, we're trying to spur the team on not terrify them from coming near us!

Are you all happy for us to use any designs posted here once we're up and running. No promises obviously, but we want to be inclusive as possible.

Will be a long game, these first few weeks will be about seeing what mgiht be possible, then hopefully in July say what, how and when we hope to do things.

Thanks for the support so far though guys.

I think it's difficult to do large banners for current players due to cost, but legends, BBG, etc I'm all for.

What are people's thoughts on tonnes of little flags, how much moaning will there be from people saying they can't see should we expect?!

And as for the Keogh masks, we're trying to spur the team on not terrify them from coming near us!

Are you all happy for us to use any designs posted here once we're up and running. No promises obviously, but we want to be inclusive as possible.

Will be a long game, these first few weeks will be about seeing what mgiht be possible, then hopefully in July say what, how and when we hope to do things.

Thanks for the support so far though guys.

​Yes. Please please please take some of my suggestions. :D 

​This is me every time. And it's half the problem. You should have told Flagman before the game and got permission from him and his mates to sing your own song. Rookie mistake.

To be fair, not just him. We seem to have little clusters of guys singing their own thing, and we end up with about 10 different songs on at once. That's why groups like this help. Gives the south stand idea some cohesion and unity.

​I'm amazed that the Trams Rust have not printed off A4 song sheets and distributed them pre-match, you can't rely on anyone nowadays.

I will continue my endeavours to promote the West Stand Chorale Union, current membership is 5 but with some catchy tunes we might even hit double figures.

2-4-6-8- who do we appreciate?

D-E-R-B-Y Derby!!

:)

You never know what will happen to the current bunch.

Always think if they are on the seats pre-game theyd be welcomed. im  for them! especially in big games.

Also scare the opposition although this suggestion is for my own amusement...

More than happy!!! if you ever need more members id be glad to help out.

Good Luck!!! :)

Archived