The 1884 Group

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know probably not everyone would be in favour of this due to split opinions on Grant but he joined the club in 2000, obviously left and is now back and currently our number 1. If someone good at editing made something 'dramatic' like the Bucko banner, I think this would look good...

ybKnEuE.jpg

Pog946t.jpg

With something like "Coming of age" in the middle? Just an idea, don't bite my head off!

I know probably not everyone would be in favour of this due to split opinions on Grant but he joined the club in 2000, obviously left and is now back and currently our number 1. If someone good at editing made something 'dramatic' like the Bucko banner, I think this would look good...

ybKnEuE.jpg

Pog946t.jpg

With something like "Coming of age" in the middle? Just an idea, don't bite my head off!

​Not to bite your head off, but 'Coming of age' is awful. In fact, a Lee Grant banner is pretty awful. 

​Not to bite your head off, but 'Coming of age' is awful. In fact, a Lee Grant banner is pretty awful. 

​Everything is awful in your head.

ybKnEuE.jpg

Pog946t.jpg

​Another great suggestion there.

As stated above @Kernow im split with reference to current players. God forbid something happened to Granty for example as bad as Adam Johnson. Would be a risk. Granty is a Ram though, a good professional as well, worth the risk. but should we just stick with the all time greats, no offence to Grant but would he be talked about for another 50 or so years (although we could remove the banner but then cost etc.)

Good suggestion though :)

As stated above @Kernow im split with reference to current players. God forbid something happened to Granty for example as bad as Adam Johnson. Would be a risk. Granty is a Ram though, a good professional as well, worth the risk. but should we just stick with the all time greats, no offence to Grant but would he be talked about for another 50 or so years (although we could remove the banner but then cost etc.)

Good suggestion though :)

​I know. I too am slightly torn on current players. Unless they were fantastic or here long term it would be somewhat silly/desperate. The Grant suggestion was simply because he was at the club during the end of the last substantive top-flight spell, with us during the poor years that followed relegation from the PL (in 02) and is now back in what seems a successful period for us compared to late. I would be happy for just ex-players who can't jump ship shortly after a banner is made!

​Thanks for your opinion. Always positive whenever I see you post :D

Spread love, it's the Brooklyn way. But seriously, if we're giving Grant a banner, then you'll have hundreds of them at the games. Just seems like such an odd choice.

​I know. I too am slightly torn on current players. Unless they were fantastic or here long term it would be somewhat silly/desperate. The Grant suggestion was simply because he was at the club during the end of the last substantive top-flight spell, with us during the poor years that followed relegation from the PL (in 02) and is now back in what seems a successful period for us compared to late. I would be happy for just ex-players who can't jump ship shortly after a banner is made!

​Grant is the only player of the squad who I think is eligible due to the above.

Wanchope one is great

I'll do anything i can to help. Money, helping out before/after games, setting equipment up etc.

Song suggestion. I love the old chat "we are the rams, we are the rams, we are we are we are the rams!" nice and easy.

Also like "we are sailing" don't know what the actual song is called lol, but we don't have a song yet that we are able to hold our scarves up and sing together! nice slow paced song would song and look visually incredible if the whole south stand got involved. I live in chesterfield and attended a match once, the opponents were Rotherham and at one point in the match the fans started to belt this song out, scarves aloft in the air and it sounded brilliant. (Before anyone mentions it, yes im suggesting we steal a song off another club OMG. Get over it, all songs are stolen, not much originality in football these days)

Also really liked Motherwells rendition of twist and shout, can see that one being popular! we have the same 3/4 regurgitated songs that are played on match days, hopefully next season there will be some variety and it will be a visual affair! Hopefully if any chants on this thread are tried, they are tried over several games! takes a while for people to catch on, i've heard a few people try and start new songs in the south stand and after not catching on in that one match they aren't repeated!

Hows about starting to hum/sing/hiss when we don't have the ball? Sounds good when Milwall do it at the Den and its annoying as fck for the opposition fans to tolerate. Again, if the whole south stand in unison belted out a wall of noise eventually increasing in volume it could really intimidate the opposition! sounds abit mental and cheesy, but hey, its just a suggestion! ;)

Here's too a bright south stand future! COYR

Spread love, it's the Brooklyn way. But seriously, if we're giving Grant a banner, then you'll have hundreds of them at the games. Just seems like such an odd choice.

​It was purely because of the time frame he's been here. I know it's not all in one spell, just purely because he was here as a young lad now is here in his 'prime'

Archived