Hypothetically: What would be your response if we were to miss out on the play-offs?

Ambitious

But to answer the question in the thread..........

I would be sorry - for all the players, because they have really had a go at getting promotion and because some of them may well leave and I have enjoyed watching them play

But I enjoy the Championship.  I enjoy the crowds, the away games, moaning about crap referees, the more equal competition, being a big fish in a smaller pond (at the moment), playing the scum, winning more matches than we lose, looking at the top of the table rather than the bottom, not too many boos at half/full time, reasonable player wages, not being on TV all the time, more 3.00pm/Saturday kick offs...........

But I still want to go up

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yip says it all about mclaren , he didn't fancy him , oh dear 

​I think it was more the case that he couldn't guarantee him a start more than dint fancy him...

I believe that Mac had every intention of playing the formation that proved so effective last season.

Injuries to Eustace, Mascarell and Martin finally put paid to the preferred formation. Ok, he's maybe not been as good a tactical genius as some thought, he's not been able to replace Wisdom effectively which has had a knock on effect on Fozzy's attacking game, but, given the above key injuries, its very harsh to criticise Steve.

Buxton's injury has unsettled the defence and maybe Steve thought Shotton would be better, who knows?

I'll be disappointed, frustrated, annoyed, but overall, after a few pints round town, i'll be happy that the club are in a good position.

The first season of the South Stand has been mixed but when its good, its the best atmosphere in the league.

All hypothetical anyway, for some reason i'm convinced we'll be at Wembley end of May......

I would stay and applaud the players if we fail on Saturday.

I've already come to terms with us royally cocking our season up and would view it as money saved on tickets to home and away play off semis.

Why exactly are people still replying to Valleyram? Fools! I've not got anyone on ignore, but I've hardly bothered to acknowledge his posts for at least 6 months. All the better for it.

I'd not even contemplated us not making the top six, maybe it'd be better than prolonging the torture of false hope, or maybe we'd miraculously pull it off! The way some people use our last PL season as an excuse to be OK with failing to go up this year irks me. Completely different league to what it was in 2007, and the basic financial reward would give us a lot more room to move than in 2007 too.

I'd be devastated for a while, but I'd have to get over it in the immediate aftermatch and enjoy the rest of what promises to be a great evening.... and after that I'd go back to being devastated for about 3 months. I'd be angry at myself for daring to believe more than being angry at the team/manager. I'd definitely get the occasional, recurring, urge to scream at the top of my lungs and kick/punch inanimate objects.

Then the next season would start and I'd be even more wary of getting my hopes up, but still bloody get them up like an idiot. If we went backwards from this point I really don't think I've got the stomach (and certainly currently not the money) to continue beyond that... but as you see, the potential for another downward spiral is already filling my mind! I can't help it! Which is hypocritical when earlier I said people's worries about what would happen if we went up irritate me.

This is actually what will happen whether we don't make the playoffs, lose in the semis or lose in the final, it'll happen one way or another unless we win and go up! Please win!

It must be great for people who could simply put it behind them and not think about it, ********!

I think hypothetically , i will be worried....

Worried that some fools might boo and send the lads off even more dejected,,and worried that some will call for Mac's head etc, worried that Mac might go ( i still  feel he's the man for the job), worried that i will have no hair or nails left, and worried that this forum will be a place to avoid for the rest of May :angry:

I think I'd probably see the funny side - it would be typical wouldn't it?

But I'd also feel for some of the players. Chris Martin, for instance, has been superb over the past two seasons and deserves a crack at the Premier League.

Also a fair few of them deserve clapping. You won't see players like Will Hughes all that often at this level, so if we don't go up and he's sold in the summer, then shame on you for not appreciating his efforts.

We've had some great moments this season, and regardless of what happens from now on, you can look back on a Youtube Video of this season and be assured to see some superb attacking play and a fair few wonderful goals.

It will be my 1st game missed in years as my missus will be givinig birth Friday if all goes well.

Kind of glad as I know I'll be pissed if we lose and end up maybe booing out of frustration and copying everyone else. Then after realise alls not that bad and at least we're up there.

I feel we should of got autos and would of if we didn't get injuries but hey who like everyone else says not a excuse right!? :ph34r:.

To be honest any optimism that promotion was on, either autos or through the play offs vanished quite a while ago. While we are constantly conceding goals like we are doing there is very little hope to be honest. Just my opinion of course. I won't be gutted if we miss the play offs, that said part of me will be disappointed too. But if we miss 'em we only have ourselves to blame. I will be looking for major surgery on the back 5 this summer though no matter what happens.

We will probably get Boro or Norwich in the play offs if we do make it, those are fixtures that would be difficult over 1 leg let alone 2. Right now I cannot see how we will beat any of those two over 180 mins of football. 

I don't think it would be a blessing to miss out, which some folks do. I confess, I have pondered the thought. 

Would it be better to not make it, than to prolong the agony by two games? Nah. 

While I can't see us beating either Boro or Norwich with our defence, I still believe with our attacking flair, there are goals to be had. 

My one gripe is that Jesse Lindgard wasn't an experienced PL centre half, to sure up the defence and take us over the line. 

I'm already over it. 

Either way it is a rebuilding job if we go up or not.

Go up then we need a new GK, CB, LB, RB, DM, W, ST and we get to keep Hughes.

Stay down, we lose Hughes and would still require RB, LB, GK, DM, CM

So an exciting summer with a lot of changes,

Fear. 

This team may well be broken up. Lose most, if not all of the loanees, plus the likes of Eustace, Naylor, Barker and Whitbread (yes, not much quality, but all important in the overall picture) due to contracts expiring. The likes of Hughes, Martin, Russell, Keogh will be looked at from afar, maybe Dawkins, Ward, Hendrick, Forsyth and Bryson too.

Doesn't leave us with much, that. Some of it will be replaced with a fair amount of money, as quite a few of those are on long valuable contracts, and the space could be filled with some of the youth talent - looking at the likes of Thomas, Calero, Hanson, Rawson, Bunjaku to step in and step up?

If we are promoted or not, it will be a rebuild this summer. Fortunately, I don't fear it as much as I would with the previous regime. When I say that, I mean more the higher levels - not the Coach, whosoever that may be next season - but the likes of Rush and Evans.

I've been resigned to not going up for a few weeks now and, to be honest, think we're deluding ourselves if we think we have a good chance of winning the playoffs.

Yes, if we get to the final there is always the freak result - QPR last year and us beating West Brom but I just can't see us winning the semis over 2 legs.

At The start of the season I thought that losing Thorne that our auto's chances had gone in that instant. Thought we would make the playoffs but I get the feeling that reading will sneak a win and we will miss out.

I have had an enjoyable season challenging up until the last 8 games for promotion(frustrating as it has been).

I will applaud the players efforts enjoy the play offs without the mighty rams and hope above all else that smug Bamford and his friends lose to a last minute goal in the PO final not that im bitter of course.

2015/16 Season QPR at home first game.

My main worry is if Martin were to leave. In my opinion he is irreplaceable at this level, hes big, strong, intelligent, scores goals with his left, right and head but most importantly (as his injury has shown) he's the reason we have been so good over the past two seasons. If he was to leave we'd have to change our style of play completely, as there simply isn't anybody out there that I believe can be as effective as him in this team.

Pissed off obviously.

But you can't ignore the amount of injures we have had to key players and not to mention a massive slap of bad luck.

I think if we miss out on playoffs McClaren should take some blame for it. Ever since we have been leaking goals, we have done nothing to correct it, just continue attacking like there's nothing wrong.

Hopefully we can get back to normal on sat though, then the play offs....anything can happen.

Archived