Hypothetically: What would be your response if we were to miss out on the play-offs?

Ambitious

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Doesn't matter, facts mean nothing on here, you should know that.

Honestly, and I'm not pointing at one poster here, I really do despair at some of the sh1te that has been posted on here about Keogh and Mac. It's down right embarrassing.

54% win ratio at Derby County ain't too bad nowadays. 

George Burley, I'm sure we all remember that excellent season and team? Would have been nice to see where that could have ended. Think we all remember him fondly?

36% win ratio.

76 points in that godd season. +12 gd.

Of course George had no money. I'm not encouraging a Burley v Mac debate. I'm simply trying to figure out how we got so far up our own bums. 

If George is one of the best then...

I would be angry, annoyed and would be leaving the ipro scratching my head . I'm over the fact that we threw  automatics away at Fulham and  Brighton etc. However if we managed to not make playoffs It really would be a sad end to a Season, that with abit more leadership at the back should of ended with us at least 2nd.

Go down? Our team has improved under him. He has a 54% win ratio. What was the managers before him?

​so what ? the hard work was done by nigel clough , stats can be written down any way you like to prove a point , all I know is its the last game of the season on Saturday and he still doesn't know what his best pairing is in the middle of the defence , that to me is right bad management , no use scoring 2s , 3s and 4s if you lose the same amount of goals at the other end , sean dyche would have had this team up weeks ago

I'm not sure I would be all that disappointed in reality. There might always be that part of me thinking 'what if', but it's got to the stage now where my only positivity is stemming from the fact that the play-offs can produce some fluke results, hopefully in our favour for once.

Either way, I will not be as gutted as I was following Zamora's goal at Wembley last years, that's certain!

54% win ratio at Derby County ain't too bad nowadays. 

George Burley, I'm sure we all remember that excellent season and team? Would have been nice to see where that could have ended. Think we all remember him fondly?

36% win ratio.

76 points in that godd season. +12 gd.

Of course George had no money. I'm not encouraging a Burley v Mac debate. I'm simply trying to figure out how we got so far up our own bums.

​We have one good season in years and suddenly we want world domination...

I will throw a cushion at the TV - if poss. at either Crooks or Savage, blame Keogh (obviously), have a little chuckle thinking about Chris Mill's shopping weekend at the end of May, and avoid this Forum until we have sold Bryson (because frankly I don't think I could cope with Valley's goading).  I have had a few disappointing ends to a season over the last 46 years, another one won't be so hard to take.

​so what ? the hard work was done by nigel clough , stats can be written down any way you like to prove a point , all I know is its the last game of the season on Saturday and he still doesn't know what his best pairing is in the middle of the defence , that to me is right bad management , no use scoring 2s , 3s and 4s if you lose the same amount of goals at the other end , sean dyche would have had this team up weeks ago

Nigel left a decent team. Not a successful one. Not one in the play offs. Not one that won more games than it lost. 

How have we gone backwards?

Yes Dyche. Because he got Burnley promoted then now he's clearly a genius. Nobody has ever won promotion with Burnley. Oh and he got Watford flying (winning 38% of his games. That's less than 4 in 10). Nobody has ever done that either.

Apart from obvious genius managers such as Coyle and Bothroyd.

How are Burnley doing now? With the genius?

​so what ? the hard work was done by nigel clough , stats can be written down any way you like to prove a point.

Go on then. Show me statistically how Derby were better before McClaren than now. 

This should be good.

Probably feel disappointed, but no more so than I have for much of the past 4 months. That said, we've had our second best season in recent years and, but for injuries and some questionable team selections, we would have been challenging for the autos. We've just reached 100 goals for the season in all competitions and seen a second season with a 20 plus goal scorer. Summer's going to be interesting, whether we're in the Prem or Champ. Chins up guys and gals. We have had fantastic home attendances this season so let's make sure we maintain that next season. Remember there are clubs like Boro who will be back to half empty grounds if they fail to make it. Our Derby are better than that!

. Remember there are clubs like Boro who will be back to half empty grounds if they fail to make it. Our Derby are better than that!

​The thing is gate receipts especially  in the Prem are less significant in the overall income of a club .If Bournemouth make it with a 11.000 capacity [and good luck to them] it grates that a club like ours is in the Championship .And I accept no divine rights etc.

Jump off...diving board at local pool and go for a swim as I was planning to do anyway.

Be a bit dissapointed,but heck...life goes on.

Thank god, about to post an APB for A-Ram, where you been?

Go on then. Show me statistically how Derby were better before McClaren than now. 

This should be good.

Different jobs , clough had to get rid of the high earners and bring in signings who could improve the team , this he did and if he'd been given the same support as mclaren who knows what he could have done , give me one player who has had a better season this season than last season bearing in mind mclaren has been in charge all year ? 

Thank god, about to post an APB for A-Ram, where you been?

Chapel Hill and Raleigh for some library related stuff over the weekend.Dang meetings lasted pretty much all day...and yet nothing much resolved.

On plus side did win 75 bucks on a scratch-off lottery ticket so not all bad of a weekend.

I'd be applauding (and I will be from the south stand) because whatever happens I have, over the course of the season, been entertained. I've cheered a lot of goals, I've sung, danced, laughed a lot more than I've stood feeling miserable. The Clough days are still fresh in my memory, boring football, no shots on goal, everybody moaning, no plan B, going nowhere and doing diddly squat about anything. 

I love DCFC and a little perspective is needed by some fans. If you feel like venting your frustration think of Colin Bloomfield's mum, minus her son and her hubby in one year. Football will be back next season, Colin won't. End of lecture, as you were  

I'd be applauding (and I will be from the south stand) because whatever happens I have, over the course of the season, been entertained. I've cheered a lot of goals, I've sung, danced, laughed a lot more than I've stood feeling miserable. The Clough days are still fresh in my memory, boring football, no shots on goal, everybody moaning, no plan B, going nowhere and doing diddly squat about anything. 

I love DCFC and a little perspective is needed by some fans. If you feel like venting your frustration think of Colin Bloomfield's mum, minus her son and her hubby in one year. Football will be back next season, Colin won't. End of lecture, as you were  

Wonderful post and perspective Mrs Ewe!

Archived