Hypothetically: What would be your response if we were to miss out on the play-offs?

Ambitious

Be disappointed at first, probably a lot of swearing.. Then be grateful for another exciting season and realise the rareness of Derby having two exciting seasons back to back and hope we stick with McClaren for a third season when hopefully the insane expectations have been lowered.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be really disappointed if they failed to make the play offs (but I have considered today that failure to do that would save me a couple of hundred quid chasing a 25% of promotion).

I would blame McClaren because of the way he has dealt with the Newcastle rumours but no way would I boo him.  He remains our best manager since Jim Smith (and you can argue that it was perhaps him that made Smith look good).

I perhaps even go on the pitch but mainly because I found a pound last year after the Brighton game :-) 

​McClaren dealt with the Newcastle rumours.

It's the fans who didn't.

​If the fans didn't feel assured then he didn't deal with it appropriately.

​It all depends whether you are prepared to take McClaren's words at face value or not. I was - you (perhaps) weren't. No amount of arguing will change the fact that I believed him and others didn't.

Saying that, the Memsahib earlier said that we are having Chilli for dinner. I suppose it's possible that she meant 'chilly', implying that it's going to be a salad followed by ice cream. I'd better ask her again.

;)

my response would be McLaren you've managed to make easily the best team in the division go down quicker than Northern Rock now go to Newcastle and we will see you in the league next season

Go down? Our team has improved under him. He has a 54% win ratio. What was the managers before him?

​If the fans didn't feel assured then he didn't deal with it appropriately.

That's down to how you take it.

When he said its all speculation I instantly thought he meant it was all just speculation  with no foundations. 

When Rush said there's been no approach I believed him. 

Guess it's about trust. And I'd rather eat my own pooh than trust The Sun or Mirror with their "sources".

​It all depends whether you are prepared to take McClaren's words at face value or not. I was - you (perhaps) weren't. No amount of arguing will change the fact that I believed him and others didn't.

Saying that, the Memsahib earlier said that we are having Chilli for dinner. I suppose it's possible that she meant 'chilly', implying that it's going to be a salad followed by ice cream. I'd better ask her again.

;)

Whether we believe it or not, will we ever really know?​

I'd be disappointed, just like I would be if we got into the play offs and failed to win them.  I wouldn't be blaming anyone, just an acceptance that at the end of the day we were not good enough, but still bitterly disappointed that we didn't make it to the PL.

Last season we had the World Cup to look forward to, as a way to compensate for our failing, and then go to go through the disappointment again, as England failed (I look at football through rose coloured spectacles thinking we can win everything)

Come August though I'll be back on my seat, full of optimism once again that we will be storming the league and promoted by this time next year.

I was always optimistic under Nigel to, the only difference being that come October I knew that we would be destined to another year in this league so the disappointment  was never that great.

Go down? Our team has improved under him. He has a 54% win ratio. What was the managers before him?

​Doesn't matter, facts mean nothing on here, you should know that.

Honestly, and I'm not pointing at one poster here, I really do despair at some of the sh1te that has been posted on here about Keogh and Mac. It's down right embarrassing.

Archived