Hypothetically: What would be your response if we were to miss out on the play-offs?

Ambitious

Not necessarily.

billy got the midfielders fit and players like Pearson ran their nuts off. The midfield pressed and harried the opposition protecting the back four.

Individually the back four were poor. Moore was a unit but couldn't run, especially backwards. leacock omg.....i still have nightmares about that goal at Leicester where he went trotting forward leaving a hole the size of the Grand Canyon in the heart of the defence.

​I think it far too easy to blame the midfield for good or bad defensive performances. A defenders main objective is to defend their own goal. If they aren't able to do that, they aren't up to the job. 

Our defence seems to be picked on its ability to attack rather than its ability to defend. 

*Apart from Buxton, who ironically seems to be the only CB that knows where the goal is. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Yet they managed to concede seven goals less than we have now, with a game left. 

Just goes to show how bad our current lot are. 

​System, not personnel is what helped that team concede fewer than this one.

We've kept loads of clean sheets this season when we've played a proper defensive midfielder. Yeh, some were abit fortunate, but there have been other times when we've conceded goals a little unfortunately.

I wish people would stop looking at the last eight weeks where we've been blighted with injuries and bad luck rather than the bigger picture.

Over the 46 games, we've conceded less than Norwich City had when they won promotion. In fact, we've scored more than them too.

​System, not personnel is what helped that team concede fewer than this one.

We've kept loads of clean sheets this season when we've played a proper defensive midfielder. Yeh, some were abit fortunate, but there have been other times when we've conceded goals a little unfortunately.

I wish people would stop looking at the last eight weeks where we've been blighted with injuries and bad luck rather than the bigger picture.

Over the 46 games, we've conceded less than Norwich City had when they won promotion. In fact, we've scored more than them too.

​And yet here we are, having scored 100 goals, trying to not lose so we can scramble ourselves over the line and in to the Playoffs,,, It's tragic.

TobyWanKenobi

I'd say "Well that's just ****" and then look forward to next season aiming for the top two.

I'd then ignore the forums all summer because it will be filled with idiots wanting massive changes that are clearly not a good idea.

I'd say "Well that's just ****" and then look forward to next season aiming for the top two.

I'd then ignore the forums all summer because it will be filled with idiots wanting massive changes that are clearly not a good idea.

The archaic pessimists on DerbyMad are already calling for massive changes! :lol:

For the playoff final last year, we were on holiday at a marvellous hotel in Halkidiki, Greece.  The hotel had an outdoor bar showing the game.  Turned up before kick off and met about 4 avid Rams fans and a scouser and Scots lad who were both supporting Derby.   Drinking was serious during the game, but after the match we went mental and my beer/ouzo  bill was 197 euros as we drowned our sorrows and then watched the Champions league final later on.

By the time my wife turned up from some trip or other, I was hammered and it didn't help one bit.

Cant ever remember feeling so down after a game (even after Real Madrid away) and it still hurts.

I can take not going up, but losing another play off final would see me in pieces and swapping football for butterfly collecting !!

Until next season .......

​I think it far too easy to blame the midfield for good or bad defensive performances. A defenders main objective is to defend their own goal. If they aren't able to do that, they aren't up to the job. 

Our defence seems to be picked on its ability to attack rather than its ability to defend. 

*Apart from Buxton, who ironically seems to be the only CB that knows where the goal is. 

I wasn't meaning that our current midfield is to blame for defensive errors, (altho the first goal v huddersfield the midfield sat off which was the root cause of the problem). Its the two together isn't it.

i think only christie in the current set up is more attack than defence minded.

For the playoff final last year, we were on holiday at a marvellous hotel in Halkidiki, Greece.  The hotel had an outdoor bar showing the game.  Turned up before kick off and met about 4 avid Rams fans and a scouser and Scots lad who were both supporting Derby.   Drinking was serious during the game, but after the match we went mental and my beer/ouzo  bill was 197 euros as we drowned our sorrows and then watched the Champions league final later on.

By the time my wife turned up from some trip or other, I was hammered and it didn't help one bit.

Cant ever remember feeling so down after a game (even after Real Madrid away) and it still hurts.

I can take not going up, but losing another play off final would see me in pieces and swapping football for butterfly collecting !!

Until next season .......

Nice post Cloughie, any tips on how to get rid of the wife for a day on holiday much appreciated!

TobyWanKenobi

The archaic pessimists on DerbyMad are already calling for massive changes! :lol:

Not surprised. ​I stopped moderating Derby-Mad years ago due to the amount of idiots that inhabited it.

Its not a big deal, just glad my house hasn't been distroyed in a massive earthquake and I can still turn on a tap and get a glass of water. #justsaying

​My house has been destroyed by a massive **** drink driving... :angry:

At least you have a cool avatar. .....

Hope you and the family are ok

​Yes, thankfully.  It nearly brought down my daughters' bedrooms.

Insurance company are, as expected, being barstewards though.

Don't tell gem you once crossed the road without looking.....may/will invalidate all insurance policies you hold with them 

Jeez. What happened? 

Apart from a car parking on your telly obviously.

Was he drunk or driving like a twit?

You do know the law forbids you to put your house in the way of a BMW? If it was a Knobmobile mate then you'll probably end up paying him compensation for his damaged ego.

Glad you're all ok fella.

Was he drunk or driving like a twit?

You do know the law forbids you to put your house in the way of a BMW? If it was a Knobmobile mate then you'll probably end up paying him compensation for his damaged ego.

Glad you're all ok fella.

Drunk out of his face. Went to the pub straight from work and drove home.

No-one was hurt which is all that matters.

Archived