Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

5 hours ago, Alph said:

Ngannou has a tasty left hook and his feet move well when he's coming forward. Just that defence... 

I'm still sticking by that I think Joshua can beat Usyk. I was fuming with both his performances. Don't me wrong, I'm not criticising Usyk as a fighter. But his size... Chisora roughed him a bit. He took a few shots off Joshua and Dubois where you think he's feeling the power off these guys. I just think there's an opportunity in the early rounds before fatigue sets in to get at Usyk. You have to take a few shots but I still think you can bully him. 

We'll see, I guess. Fury is a nightmare for Usyk. If Usyk wins I might change my tune but I really think Fury will put it on him. 

So, nothing gained really. Hearn will dine out on comparing the Fury/AJ matches but in a couple of months it will count for nothing. 

Ngannou should find an opponent that won't punish him for the rookie errors. Build back up. There are huge fights out there for him. 

The last knock down was terrifying. 

Ngannou had virtually no defence and held his hands like a total amateur (debatable if that's what he is) and kinda just turned his head away when the punch came.

Weirdly, considering his background, he had no idea how to clinch,  lean,  grapple, spoil etc and run the clock down and take a breather, try to clear  his head.

AJ looked pleased but also a bit worried that he properly hurt someone who shouldn't have been in there.

Really looked dangerous and a lot of people wouid have been made to look really bad if he'd been hurt.

Tyson v Paul? Just an absolute freak show.

Someone is going to get seriously hurt soon.

15 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

The last knock down was terrifying. 

Ngannou had virtually no defence and held his hands like a total amateur (debatable if that's what he is) and kinda just turned his head away when the punch came.

Weirdly, considering his background, he had no idea how to clinch,  lean,  grapple, spoil etc and run the clock down and take a breather, try to clear  his head.

AJ looked pleased but also a bit worried that he properly hurt someone who shouldn't have been in there.

Really looked dangerous and a lot of people wouid have been made to look really bad if he'd been hurt.

Tyson v Paul? Just an absolute freak show.

Someone is going to get seriously hurt soon.

Ref should’ve stopped it on the first one. He was clearly done. It’s on the ref not Ngannou. 

That said, between all these fighter crossovers and now Tyson vs a YouTuber on Netflix… boxing is less entertaining and more scripted than wrestling.  

Ngannou looked dazed and shouldn’t have been allowed to continue. He made no real effort to avoid that last shot.

Great from Joshua and you can only beat what’s in front of you, but we should remember Ngannou isn’t a boxer.

Usyk will be undisputed champ if he’s allowed the fights. Fury could beat him but only if he finds the desire within him to get truly fit. That gets more difficult as you get older and I think he has too much money and too little motivation. It’s all posturing now, like Ali at the end.

21 hours ago, Alph said:

ffs! Argh!

Thats gutting! I fear for the sport at the moment! With big fights being postponed (injuries happen, cant really help it tho) and the massive interest in joke fights like the other week and did i hear jake paul and mike tyson might fight? 

Boxing needs to sort its sh#t out and get organised! Get governing bodies, promoters and tv networks in line and make the big fights throughout the divisions happen with fighters in there primes! 

Needs a big shake up, a cup format like the boxing super series or something! Doubt itll happen with the greedy barstools throughout the game and im not talking about the boxers!! 

saudis trying to make a las vegas mk2! Love boxing and am gutted how its going!

Anyone just watch the Zach Parker fight? Strange fight. Parker looked quite rusty and his usually strong punches looked weak. But his opponent was so strange, just kept laughing all the time and could've easily won if he wasn't so weird.  

15 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Anyone just watch the Zach Parker fight? Strange fight. Parker looked quite rusty and his usually strong punches looked weak. But his opponent was so strange, just kept laughing all the time and could've easily won if he wasn't so weird.  

Yeah, and the way he kept wrapping his leg around Parker every time he got in the clinch. He looked anything but a former world champ. The laughing was just a bit strange, not sure if it was a tactic but I was praying for Parker to spark him out. Sadly, looks like he did his ankle and had nothing to plant to get the power.

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Yeah, and the way he kept wrapping his leg around Parker every time he got in the clinch. He looked anything but a former world champ. The laughing was just a bit strange, not sure if it was a tactic but I was praying for Parker to spark him out. Sadly, looks like he did his ankle and had nothing to plant to get the power.

Dislocated shoulder, torn rotator cuff, broken hand and twisted ankle.  This fella does more injury to himself in the ring than the opponent.  

I'm convinced that if these fights were fixed (Parker fight and Joyce fight) that they'd have been less weird. 

I thought it was WWE. What a load of rubbish. 

8 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Had the misfortune of running into him before the gobby Forest supporting w*****.  Hope he takes a pounding. 

Fair🤣He’s always seemed alright to me  

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7