Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

41 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Looking forward to tonight. I predict a mid to late round TKO by AJ. I think he'll have a cautious opening few rounds working the jab, think Ruiz II fight, then when Francis tires (which he will), AJ unleashes. 

Seems the most likely outcome. Can't shake this nagging doubt though. Honestly, I think Ngannou will go at him straight from the off. If that the case, it's anyone's fight as both have the power to put anyone's lights out, Ngannou even more so than Anthony. I suppose it could equally be argued that Ngannou will be also be hit harder than ever before, though I'm less confident about that with a man who walks through knees, kicks and elbows for a living and Ngannou turned down $8 million to fight John Jones in the octagon to fight AJ instead which kinda worries me too.

Anyway, nuff said now. May the best man win, both fighters avoid injury and the judges be honest and fair. In the final analysis, that's really all that really matters.

Enjoy the fight mate.

44 minutes ago, Alph said:

Mike Tyson still intimidating as ever. 

I wonder how many opponents had lost before the first bell. He's an animal. I hope he lets loose on Paul and doesn't play his part in the show. Probably got about 5 good minutes in him but 5 mins with THAT?!

Honestly I wince watching (and hearing!) those shots land. If he still goes about his work the way he used to, it'll be a very quick fight. Interestingly, Paul's fans have turned on him recently, saying he only fights bums (true), that it's all WWE style fakery (mainly true) and that he needs to fight a proper fighter to claim he's one himself (definitely true). I guess fighting one a few years off his free bus pass was the most daring compromise he could stand.

3 hours ago, Alph said:

I wonder how many opponents had lost before the first bell. He's an animal. I hope he lets loose on Paul and doesn't play his part in the show. Probably got about 5 good minutes in him but 5 mins with THAT?!

Most of Tyson’s opponents were beaten before they got in the ring until he got beat by Buster Douglas, after that he lost that aura he had. Tyson’s lifestyle affected his boxing ability he had lightening speed of punch as well power. Tyson’s drinking and whatever else he was up to made him lose his speed. However I’d still take a prime Lennox Lewis to beat prime Tyson, although they’re around the same age they peaked at different times. Would still love iron mike to give Jake Paul a good hiding 

6 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Ok, sod Joshua vs Ngannou. Old hat. This is the fight you never knew you wanted to see.

I am almost moist with excitement 😜

One question though... Anyone know why Jake Paul has a tattoo of a c*** on his shoulder

5 hours ago, Alph said:

Is Mike Tyson going to parade around touching Paul up or his he going to edge in level the t*****? 

If he just goes in looking for one big bang then I'll pay for it. But I imagine it's an entertainment gig where we put a few rounds on for the fans, Mike Tyson gets tired and then Paul wins rounds. Everyone goes home rich saying Paul is actually a talented boxer when he's not

Unlike a lot of the other "Youtube boxing" fights, this announcement has gone down like a lead balloon. As it should. Fighting a near-pensioner is embarrassing. They even used an old picture of Tyson for the poster to make it look more legitimate.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

4 hours ago, Alph said:

3 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Seems the most likely outcome. Can't shake this nagging doubt though. Honestly, I think Ngannou will go at him straight from the off. If that the case, it's anyone's fight as both have the power to put anyone's lights out, Ngannou even more so than Anthony. I suppose it could equally be argued that Ngannou will be also be hit harder than ever before, though I'm less confident about that with a man who walks through knees, kicks and elbows for a living and Ngannou turned down $8 million to fight John Jones in the octagon to fight AJ instead which kinda worries me too.

Anyway, nuff said now. May the best man win, both fighters avoid injury and the judges be honest and fair. In the final analysis, that's really all that really matters.

Enjoy the fight mate.

Wouldn't be so confident gents. This is an old man who shouldn't be in the ring with someone of prime age, regardless of their backgrounds.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-13170313/mike-tyson-health-issues-jake-paul-fight-age-57.html

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

I agree that it's a good night ahead. Things are finally moving in this ageing era of mega-beasts!

Either way - Joshua gets closer to the chance to fight for something big ..or he gets taught a lesson and he's off the table as a creditable champion. With only a fight with Fury left for him as worth watching (Wilder seems done now).

Parker seems a decent bloke, but he seems to be just under the league of the top heavyweights so I kinda hope Zhang bullies him into submission and that then allows him to take on Fury eventually and all questions are answered.

15 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Unlike a lot of the other "Youtube boxing" fights, this announcement has gone down like a lead balloon. As it should. Fighting a near-pensioner is embarrassing. They even used an old picture of Tyson for the poster to make it look more legitimate.

Can people stop saying Tyson as nearly qualified for a bus pass or is a near pensioner he bloody younger than me (just), and what’s wrong with using an old picture of yourself 😀

5 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

Can people stop saying Tyson as nearly qualified for a bus pass or is a near pensioner he bloody younger than me (just), and what’s wrong with using an old picture of yourself 😀

Soz Henry mate, no offence intended 😂

5 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

Having read the amazing  biography of his life... I'd hope he has a fair few more miles on the clock than you though! 

30 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Wouldn't be so confident gents. This is an old man who shouldn't be in the ring with someone of prime age, regardless of their backgrounds.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-13170313/mike-tyson-health-issues-jake-paul-fight-age-57.html

Wouldn't worry too much. Paul punches like a fanny and has so little ringcraft that he made Tommy Fury look good. Check out Tyson's training vids. He's off the chop and looking healthier than in years. Paul won't be able to cope with his movement and he sure as hell won't enjoy Tyson's power. I'm hoping Mike goes 'off script' and decks the f***** with his first right, left, uppercut combo.

Fight duration, 15 seconds.

Just now, Comrade 86 said:

Wouldn't worry too much. Paul punches like a fanny and has so little ringcraft that he made Tommy Fury look good. Check out Tyson's training vids. He's off the chop and looking healthier than in years. Paul won't be able to cope with his movement and he sure as hell won't enjoy Tyson's power. I'm hoping Mike goes 'off script' and decks the f***** with his first right, left, uppercut combo.

Fight duration, 15 seconds.

No chance I'm afraid mate!

I do think the most likely outcome is a glorified spar, however. I don't think Paul is thick enough to think he'll come out the hero for sparking out a 58 year old with health problems.

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

No chance I'm afraid mate!

I do think the most likely outcome is a glorified spar, however. I don't think Paul is thick enough to think he'll come out the hero for sparking out a 58 year old with health problems.

And I don't think Iron Mike is going to let Paul live with him on a simple point of pride, irrespective of what he's instructed to do. You really believe he'll allow that to the final chapter of his fight career? No chance.

Anyway, only one way to find out. 

20 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

And I don't think Iron Mike is going to let Paul live with him on a simple point of pride, irrespective of what he's instructed to do. You really believe he'll allow that to the final chapter of his fight career? No chance.

Anyway, only one way to find out. 

I would happily make a friendly bet of a fiver, loser donates to charity. You back Tyson, I back Paul, draw no bet.

You down?

1 minute ago, Alph said:

Oh my God. There is no way you could have Vargas winning that fight comfortably as one judge did. 

Let's be generous and give him the first 6 rounds. Find him a couple more. 

He lost 6 in a row and two knock-downs. But a judge had him winning. 

This sport really f**** me off. 

100% agree. Ball was all over him like a rash. 

Knocked him down and took everything he threw at him.

Gutted for him. Joke.

Nick Ball on the wrong end of yet another awful decision. Warren for once is rightfully livid, though his fighter shows a bit more class. It's getting beyond a joke now and that would worry me if I were in the Ngannou camp. Absolute shocker.

Outrageous judges need some serious investigating.

Something is very wrong with that decision, blindingly obvious that Vargas was out worked out muscled out fought and Nick Ball 100% should’ve won this no doubt!

”His back yard” from Vargas does he know Liverpool isn’t in Saudi 😱

Edited by Ted McMinn Football Genius