Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

So far I’ve got first 2 rounds no one threw a punch so even 

Zhang wins rounds 3&8 by 10-8 and I’ve got Parker winning all the other rounds so I’ve got Parker in front after 10 rounds

I'm not sure that tops the Wilder win does it? 

He was punch perfect Vs Wilder who might have been inactive but I'm not sure that was a great performance tonight! 

Am I being harsh? He took over eventually but he left the ball in Zhangs court a lot, no?

Slightly unsatisfying for me. Despite the positive noises from everyone there.

Zhang lumbered round and dropped him twice despite barely throwing a punch and never really letting his hands go.

Parker didn't really commit but won as he was busier.

2 minutes ago, Alph said:

He was punch perfect Vs Wilder who might have been inactive but I'm not sure that was a great performance tonight! 

Am I being harsh? He took over eventually but he left the ball in Zhangs court a lot, no?

I’m not sure because Wilder is a very poor boxer and unless he knocks you out he’ll get beat, Zhang just didn’t work hard enough due to his lack of fitness. It certainly wasn’t a great performance by Parker 

19 minutes ago, Alph said:

To be honest, I thought Wilder was atrocious that night. parker boxed well and was very disciplined, but I think WIlder's ineptitude exaggerated Parker's dominance. Tonight's fight was a poor watch with neither fighter impressing but Parker a worthy winner. Hopefully the main event lives up to the billing.

Blimey. What an anticlimactic event that was. Will we now finally get to see Fury vs AJ? I wouldn't bank on it. Terrific from AJ though. I really thought Ngannou might trouble him. Off to drown my sorrows now 😂

Eddie Hearn gets on my tits going on about AJ being best heavyweight in the world he got schooled twice by Usyk. I like AJ and he seemed to have finally recovered from his knockout against Ruis. I just don’t like Hearn or Warren for that matter they think boxing fans are idiots 

19 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

Eddie Hearn gets on my tits going on about AJ being best heavyweight in the world he got schooled twice by Usyk. I like AJ and he seemed to have finally recovered from his knockout against Ruis. I just don’t like Hearn or Warren for that matter they think boxing fans are idiots 

He is just backing his mate. He said similar about Carl Froch, after beating Bute, seemingly forgetting Andre Ward was undefeated and beat him prior.

Usyk is the best around and his two wins against AJ look all the more impressive as AJ flattens everyone else.

We all want to see Fury vs AJ.

Ngannou has a tasty left hook and his feet move well when he's coming forward. Just that defence... 

I'm still sticking by that I think Joshua can beat Usyk. I was fuming with both his performances. Don't me wrong, I'm not criticising Usyk as a fighter. But his size... Chisora roughed him a bit. He took a few shots off Joshua and Dubois where you think he's feeling the power off these guys. I just think there's an opportunity in the early rounds before fatigue sets in to get at Usyk. You have to take a few shots but I still think you can bully him. 

We'll see, I guess. Fury is a nightmare for Usyk. If Usyk wins I might change my tune but I really think Fury will put it on him. 

So, nothing gained really. Hearn will dine out on comparing the Fury/AJ matches but in a couple of months it will count for nothing. 

Ngannou should find an opponent that won't punish him for the rookie errors. Build back up. There are huge fights out there for him. 

Edited by Alph