Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Had the misfortune of running into him before the gobby Forest supporting w*****.  Hope he takes a pounding. 

Seriously... In the build up Clarke seems respectful and quiet. Wardley is the cocky one.?

Clarke - Wardley feels like a never was against a never will be. Wardley to win by KO/TKO. Clarke's long amateur career and pro fights to date seem to indicate an absence of power. Wardley has literally zero defence and not much technical ability, but does bang a bit.

I'd imagine Clarke will win the early rounds, but that Wardley will catch up with him later on. Not a fight to fire the imagination in any case and certainly not one I'll pay to watch.

16 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Had the misfortune of running into him before the gobby Forest supporting w*****.  Hope he takes a pounding. 

That's disappointing to hear. He always comes across as a really nice laid back bloke on TV. 

55 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

Just watching the walk on by Ben Whitaker can’t be doing with all this crap, much preferred Mike Tysons walk on 

His opponent was a game lad. 

Plenty of Albanians in the crowd for Marku. 

No complaints with the result I had Clarke just nicking it by a round. I thought if the ref took a point off Clarke for low blows he should have taken a point off wardley for continually trying to hit Clarke with the back of his hand. 
Great scrap but can’t see either being good enough to fight at the highest level 

Ben Whittaker, I don't think the way he fights and who he's fighting is investment for future opponents. 

Can't really explain what it is that don't sit right. It's not that the showing off is disrespectful. It's that it flatters his performance. I think he's done nothing more than you'd expect from an Olympic champion (silver?). Perhaps unfair but I'd be wanting to see him really finishing the job when he's ready rather than toying with his food.

Maybe unfair. Just remember Josh Kelly looked like a world beater with that kind of Olympic style of point scoring. Then you meet guys who will come through you and you have to be able to punish them.

Whittaker seems to be similar. Fur coat, no knickers type thing. 

Harsh for 7 from 7? It should be 7 quick KOs imo and if it's gone the distance then it should be to a durable come forward opponent and it's against those you'd want to see him working harder instead of running off dancing?