Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

5 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Classy from Vargas' trainer too when asked about a re-match. Yeah, if they pay me three or four times as much as tonight, his answer. Bit of a throbber with some decidedly dodgy understanding of geography too.

I can translate for you.

"I'm going to run an absolute mile because I was beaten physically and mentally which is why I was complaining constantly. If you offer me what I ask then I'll ask for more and say you're refusing to pay up. Get me on a flight out of this nightmare"

3 minutes ago, Alph said:

I can translate for you.

"I'm going to run an absolute mile because I was beaten physically and mentally which is why I was complaining constantly. If you offer me what I ask then I'll ask for more and say you're refusing to pay up. Get me on a flight out of this nightmare"

Never seen a fighter throw himself on the floor so much. It was properly cringe. Hopefully Zhang - Parker is a better contest, not scored by chimpanzees who've been chucked an abacus.

Just tuned into the boxing expecting to catch the ring walk for AJ fight. I take it they’re running late as Parker/zhang about to start so that’s a bonus but I’ll probably fall asleep and miss the main event.

sounds like I’ve missed some great judging again 

3 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

Just tuned into the boxing expecting to catch the ring walk for AJ fight. I take it they’re running late as Parker/zhang about to start so that’s a bonus but I’ll probably fall asleep and miss the main event.

sounds like I’ve missed some great judging again 

Just in time to see the most pathetic round of boxing ever then 🤣

4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Zhang landed 16 punches in 5 rounds so far.

Wow.

Think the over / under for him was around 50 all fight. He has to conserve energy which i guess is the downside to trying to carry 21 stone through 12 rounds.

I can see another split draw here 😑

3 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

These pair seem about as interested as the crowd.i know the money is in Saudi but I find these events sterile and can’t be doing with all the arse kissing round his excellency whatever his name is 

For Zhang I think he's just conscious of the plan to drag him into the latter rounds so he's just holding back. 

For Parker it's just poor imo. He might even win on points but he's let a 6 round fighter carry his energy