Derby County v Bolton Wanderers

Mafiabob

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see any reason to switch from the regular 433 that has done so well in recent weeks.

If things don't go our way then I'm sure Steve and co will try something to change that, with the players now at the club I have every faith in this happening. Match winners everywhere.

Don't know much about Bolton, so I couldn't say if these were big losses or not:

• Danns suspended after the red card against Liverpool
  • Janko (fullback signed from Man Yoo on loan on dealine day) not eligible as registration didn't go through in time
  • Heskey injured

They do have Le Fondre and Bannan coming into contention to make their debuts.

We need to start with what we're used to (433) and hope Lennon tries to "out-footbal us" in the same way as genius manager Dougie Freedman.

Don't know much about Bolton, so I couldn't say if these were big losses or not:

• Janko (fullback signed from Man Yoo on loan on dealine day) not eligible as registration didn't go through in time
  • Heskey injured

We need to start with what we're used to (433) and hope Lennon tries to "out-footbal us" in the same way as genius manager Dougie Freedman.

You're sure about that? He's a midfielder.

• Heskey injured

ha! I don't think lennon will be that dumb to try and play football at the iPro! He will sit back like he did versus Liverpool and try to counter on us.

Just got a ticket for me and me dad. Was difficult to find 2 together. Sell out perhaps?

Ticket office is very busy at the moment so yes it will be sell out mate...

You're sure about that? He's a midfielder.

From the DET, who admittedly don't know much about football:

MANCHESTER United defender Saidy Janko will not be able to make his Bolton Wanderers debut against Derby County this weekend.

The 19-year-old full-back joined Wanderers on loan on transfer deadline day.

However, the Swiss youth international is ineligible to face the Rams at the iPro Stadium on Saturday as his registration was not completed in time.

Both of you are right - he's been played just as equally on the wing as he has at full-back this season. Sometimes at RWB, too.

My guess he'll fill the void Chungy has left in their side. In a flat pack midfield. 

EDIT: Bolton play a 3-5-2 formation now - he'll be primed for RWB. 

Could the Rams second eleven (when fit) give Bolton a game?

Roos, Christie, Albentosa, Whitbread, Warnock, Bryson, Eustace, Lingard, Ince, Bent, Dawkins.

Or any second eleven we could pick for that matter.

Wouldn't want to many changes in the team at once even against Bolton could envisage that as being a physical game with very little skillfull football being played, Wouldnt consider Albentosa to be a second 11 player ,hope he meets expectations of being a quality premiership player and makes 1st choice automatic.

Would love to see Bent and Warnock start for us ,just to mix things up a bit,perhaps bring on Lingard on during the game to see what he s got in the bag. Bolton should be a push over if we play sensible attractive football

Same shape for tomorrow. In terms of team I think we should integrate 2 new players, to rest a couple for Tuesday. Still know nothing other than seeing a couple of You Tube clips whether Albentosa is ready to go into action at the expense say of Buxton. I would continue Shotton at RB personally, and debut Ince on the same side of the field. I would play Dawks for 60 mins, perhaps with Warnock as full back. Assuming we are doing ok, I might also rest Martin and Ince after 60 and let Bent, Ward and young Jesse have a good go at them. I wouldn't muck about with midfield; it is doing ok even if Jeff is not totally on it at the mo.

Both of you are right - he's been played just as equally on the wing as he has at full-back this season. Sometimes at RWB, too.

My guess he'll fill the void Chungy has left in their side. In a flat pack midfield. 

EDIT: Bolton play a 3-5-2 formation now - he'll be primed for RWB. 

Interesting if they play a 3-5-2.

When we played that formation against Chesterfield we had a hard time in the first half because they played the diamond. Maybe we might see us take that approach then?

Archived