Derby County v Bolton Wanderers

Mafiabob

I was quite impressed with Bolton and they did really well to keep Liverpool out until 86 minutes.

Think we can expect what 99% teams have done when they come to derby and sit back hope for a lucky counter or set pieces.

Tight game can see bent getting last 30 mins again.

Having said that an early goal and they may crumble like at rotherham

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They could have shipped 5 or 6. Midfield bypassed a lot. Maybe to be expected vs PL opposition. They were decent going forward however.

Don't think we will go as direct to Martin - Wheater had a very good game and is a big *******.

Matt mills is also pretty big won't he play t the back too? Might be tempted to start with bent. Ince on the bench. Could be a tough game.

They could have shipped 5 or 6. Midfield bypassed a lot. Maybe to be expected vs PL opposition. They were decent going forward however.

Don't think we will go as direct to Martin - Wheater had a very good game and is a big *******.

Think Nora Batty would beat Stirling in the air :-)

Got a good feeling this could be a 4 or 5 niller! :)

Here we go again.  I remember fans on here calling for near double figures against forest too.   Well set out teams are capable of doing a job on Derby; there are 11 other people trying to stop them playing, and its worked too often for my liking.

Here we go again. I remember fans on here calling for near double figures against forest too. Well set out teams are capable of doing a job on Derby; there are 11 other people trying to stop them playing, and its worked too often for my liking.

We have lost a total of 6 games. How many were you expecting? Go the season undefeated?

I posted this on the wrong thread by mistake. But as to the lineup versus Bolton. It seems we are all assuming we will go 4-3-3. Yet given Bent's prolific scoring record versus Bolton in the past, might Steve go 3-5-2, or even 4-4-2? If we do, what about:

Grant

Keogh

Albentosa

Shotton

Lingard

Mascarell

Ince

Hughes

Bryson

Bent

Martin

The above lineup would wreak attacking havoc on a weary Bolton. 

4-4-2 would be:

Grant

Christie

Keogh

Albentosa

Forsyth

Mascarell

Hughes

Ward

Ince

Bent

Martin