Derby County v Bolton Wanderers

Mafiabob

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ALF, Bannan and other signings will be included this Saturday but am not worrying about them at all. Tbf Ince or Lingard v Moxey then Moxey will have a nightmare. :lol:

ALF, Bannan and other signings will be included this Saturday but am not worrying about them at all. Tbf Ince or Lingard v Moxey then Moxey will have a nightmare. :lol:

Bannan I am not worried about :D

Le Fondre is dangerous but we've kept clean sheets against better forwards this season.

I can't look past a home win too be honest

Bannan I am not worried about :D

Le Fondre is dangerous but we've kept clean sheets against better forwards this season.

I can't look past a home win too be honest

Remembered that last ditch tackle at iPro against  Cardiff Keogh WOWZER... Not worry about Bolton at all....

Might Mac save a few players for Tuesday do we think? - perhaps one or two newbies may get a first league start to ensure best he can that his "best 11" are available for Bournemouth. Albentosa and Bent, and/or Warnock or perhaps Ince might get the nod.

Bolton are the worst team I've seen this season. Obviously, I don't think we caught them on a good day but they just looked shocking all over the pitch. 

Mills and Dertive* were a bombscare. They didn't know how to play football and through that they had no game plan at all. 

To put Zach Clough into perspective - he's played 8 games for their Under-21 side this season and not scored in a single game. He plays 70 minutes at Championship level and bags a brace. It's bizarre but I don't think he's quite the 'talent' he is made out to be. 

I haven't seen him but based on his record - it's not great. Shaq McDonald has scored three in a third of the amount of time. 

Bolton are the worst team I've seen this season. Obviously, I don't think we caught them on a good day but they just looked shocking all over the pitch. 

Mills and Dertive* were a bombscare. They didn't know how to play football and through that they had no game plan at all. 

To put Zach Clough into perspective - he's played 8 games for their Under-21 side this season and not scored in a single game. He plays 70 minutes at Championship level and bags a brace. It's bizarre but I don't think he's quite the 'talent' he is made out to be. 

I haven't seen him but based on his record - it's not great. Shaq McDonald has scored three in a third of the amount of time. 

Stats are a waste of time at that level, because you need so many of them to even get half the picture. Doubt Hughes' goals and assist tallies were that good at youth level, but that's not his game.

If it were that simple, Clough wouldn't be in the first team. He's obviously done quite a bit for the management team to think he's worth putting in there.

Stats are a waste of time at that level, because you need so many of them to even get half the picture. Doubt Hughes' goals and assist tallies were that good at youth level, but that's not his game.

If it were that simple, Clough wouldn't be in the first team. He's obviously done quite a bit for the management team to think he's worth putting in there.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. At the moment, he's pretty much all they have. With Heskey out, you'd have to say he's second choice behind Gudjohnsson but edges in front of Matt Mills.

He's a striker that doesn't have a great record at the level he spends a lot of his time and he's never been in an England youth side either. Now, I haven't seen him at all, but I'd be damned if a striker that can't oust Kwame Thomas in the England U20 team is something to get our knickers in a twist over. 

I just think Bolton are a poor side, especially in attack, so it's no surprise he is getting a game. However, if he was a good prospect then the England national coaches would have at least taken a look. The scouting of the U21 and U18 Premier League is astounding. John Peacock was on talkSPORT last month commenting on how every game is watched and how every top young English prospect is usually extremely well documented by they each his - U17 - age group. 

Hughes has always been in and around the England youth teams, as has Kwame and Bennett. Hughes was promoted from the U17s to the U21s in less than a year. Thomas and Bennett have over 30 caps between them - Bennett has more than 20. 

I was just emphasising that he isn't a 'highly-rated' prospect - he is just a prospect that has managed to force himself into a first-team position because Lennon decided to build his side around 300-year-old strike force. 

He could surprise me, but I'm well in the knowledge that countless national team scouts would have run the rule over him and deemed him unfit for that level. Not only that, but to the point where they haven't even given him a run out. 

Interesting comment by Stephen Warnock in that he said that now he has realised just how difficult it will be to get into the first team. I am sure that the other new signings are thinking the same. Albentosa has been in a private aeroplane but not the first team. Players will not want to get injured and may even play with injuries because they do not want to lose their place as they may not get back in a hurry. Optimising effort and performance is what will bring us the Title.

Archived