Derby County v Bolton Wanderers

Mafiabob

Bolton manager Neil Lennon:

"It was a poor performance. We were comfortable for 40 minutes, then Tom Ince scores a fantastic free-kick but we didn't deal with the reaction at all well and we shot ourselves in the foot.

"Derby are a quality side at this level and have strength in depth but we looked a bit lightweight in the second half and I'm not happy with the performance today at all.

"I want a reaction as quickly as possible. It's all right the players lifting themselves for Liverpool, anyone can do that but these are the games they earn their living from and we were second best for large parts of this game but you have to give Derby credit."

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bolton manager Neil Lennon:

"It was a poor performance. We were comfortable for 40 minutes, then Tom Ince scores a fantastic free-kick but we didn't deal with the reaction at all well and we shot ourselves in the foot.

"Derby are a quality side at this level and have strength in depth but we looked a bit lightweight in the second half and I'm not happy with the performance today at all.

"I want a reaction as quickly as possible. It's all right the players lifting themselves for Liverpool, anyone can do that but these are the games they earn their living from and we were second best for large parts of this game but you have to give Derby credit."

Fair enough

I didn't think bolton were bad.

They looked strong in central defence.

Moxey was uncompromising.

Bannon looked good.

Clough was also very good.

Perhaps they lacked a decent final ball.......

But we blew them away.

If we play well there are very few teams in this league this season who would be able to stay with us. I'm not sure about Bournemouth but they're doing so well they have to be one. Middlesbrough certainly. Maybe Watford and Norwich. Anyone else turns up and we play well, they lose.

For large parts of today's game Bolton had no answer. No slight on them in my opinion.

In an interview in 2012, Hughes was quoted as saying that he modelled his style on Xavi and Iniesta from Barcelona. Well it is working, isn't it. He is a very bright guy and who knows, he may finish up at Barcelona! He does things that no other Derby player that I have ever seen can do. He convinces opposition players that they know what he is going to do and then does something else that I thought was not on. He plays a pass with exquisite weighting so that it is on a plate for you. This is the mark of a

In an interview in 2012, Hughes was quoted as saying that he modelled his style on Xavi and Iniesta from Barcelona. Well it is working, isn't it. He is a very bright guy and who knows, he may finish up at Barcelona! He does things that no other Derby player that I have ever seen can do. He convinces opposition players that they know what he is going to do and then does something else that I thought was not on. He plays a pass with exquisite weighting so that it is on a plate for you. This is the mark of a

I just want to chime in and say that I am very disappointed with everyone in that there has been little to no mention of Chris Martin's gorgeous little layoff to Will Hughes for the Ince second goal. It was very clever, and very sweet. I think I may be starting to like him. 

Are there no other left-backs in the league? WhoScored love Fozzy. And as much as I like him, he's not had an excellent few games. 

Just re-watching Bolton's goal, it was Hendrick's man that scored. Switched off and didn't track Twardzik.

He's sneakily good though, AR, Mind you if you're going to have a perm fixture in that team then its pretty obvious who it should be isnt it. Hint hint.

• 5 months later...

Archived