Eustace Out Indefinitely

DcFc Dyycheee

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, BUT unless there is someone I'm overlooking I don't think there is that many hugely talented, tactically switched on defensive midfielders out there.

Nate Chalobah and Diego Poyet would be the two main choices. One has just underwhelmed at Burnley, while the other underwhelmed at Huddersfield. 

:huh:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be worried that this game is gonna be a bit too argy-bargy to have such a lightweight DM myself...

Want a big clogger in there just in case any florists need clogging...

They need us to beat them using the skill of our midfield with Omar and Hendrick and Hughes pulling the strings as we did against Wolves.

We beat Wolves 5-0 and blew Brighton away at home and Watford away with Omar CDM !

Consider these scenarios (Based on Thorne not being back for a month and Mascarell ever being injured/benched:

Shotton

Christie, Keogh, Albentosa/Buxton, Forsyth/Warnock

2. Hendrick

Christie, Keogh, Albentosa/Shotton/Buxton, Forsyth/Warnock

3. Coutts

4. Hughes

5. Warnock

1. Is untested

2. Is untested

3. We've seen for the last 20 minutes of a game and Coutts didn't convince me in that position

4. Didn't suit Hughes, he was wasted in that position.

5. Is untested (And ridiculous)

Based on these cover (By cover I mean a natural CDM) for one month isn't unreasonable.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, BUT unless there is someone I'm overlooking I don't think there is that many hugely talented, tactically switched on defensive midfielders out there.

Nate Chalobah and Diego Poyet would be the two main choices. One has just underwhelmed at Burnley, while the other underwhelmed at Huddersfield. 

Pretty sure England won't be the only place they would look, we did get Macarell after all. Apologies that I'm not really up to scratch on my affordable but good enough for cover CDM's abroad.

Chalobah was going to go to Bordeaux on loan but FIFA blocked it. Not sure why. They're 6th in Ligue 1 so I'm sure Mourinho would want a PL club if he was going to go on loan to an English side. 

Thats because we were often terrible under Clough. Clough could never stick to the same formation either. He also never played 4-4-3

I have to defend Clough on this, 4-4-3 would never work, the ref wouldn't have it for a start

The testament of a good manager is one who has faith in his players, tactics and formation. That's why I will always respect McClaren.

When I read things about people wanting to change the formation you would think we haven't won in 10 games or something.

Bryson had the best season of his life with 4-3-3

Martin scored over 35 goals with 4-3-3

Hughes is becoming an excellent playmaker because he doesn't he can concentrate on building up play instead of worrying about defending because that's the job of a CDM in 4-3-4

Etc

Consider these scenarios (Based on Thorne not being back for a month and Mascarell ever being injured/benched:

Shotton

Christie, Keogh, Albentosa/Buxton, Forsyth/Warnock

2. Hendrick

3. Coutts

4. Hughes

5. Warnock

1. Is untested

2. Is untested

3. We've seen for the last 20 minutes of a game and Coutts didn't convince me in that position

4. Didn't suit Hughes, he was wasted in that position.

5. Is untested (And ridiculous)

Based on these cover (By cover I mean a natural CDM) for one month isn't unreasonable.

Both Shotton and Warnock have played CDM in the Premier League - I suspect one or the other may well feature for us there in the not too distant future

Archived