Eustace Out Indefinitely

DcFc Dyycheee

This. For example if I only watched our last game, I'd be wondering why aren't we after new RB.

Exactly, Christie is struggling lately. He's dropped off a lot since earlier in the season. He's dumb on the ball and falls asleep without it.

But!

We know what he can do. So we don't hound him. Yet we do some other players.

Was starting to get annoyed with Forsyth but he's steadily picking his game up again. Plus defensively he's solid.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly, Christie is struggling lately. He's dropped off a lot since earlier in the season. He's dumb on the ball and falls asleep without it.

But!

We know what he can do. So we don't hound him. Yet we do some other players.

Was starting to get annoyed with Forsyth but he's steadily picking his game up again. Plus defensively he's solid.

I think I said after just couple of games that he defends area behind very poorly. Now he has just been caught out, I'm afraid. If he continues like that, we might see that Swedish youngster rather soon.

I guess Forsyth, or to some Eustace, is just the weakest link in the team. IMO it is Forsyth and he ain't bad at all. Negativity and critisism just grows way too much... if someone is seriously saying he is bad player, how come he wasn't hounded out start of last season when he was worse than any of our LB's in last 10 years or something like that?

And of course here we have special "hounders" for spesific players :)

If Omar doesn't get red card or pick up injury, we'll do just fine. I count on him to do well.

If he is not available, then it gets interesting as Thorne and Eustace are not that far away from being fit. We have Hughes, Shotton, Isak, Warnock and Bucko who has all played there occasionally and of course Bent waiting ont the bench if tactics are changed.

This post made my day already. Remember Bucko-time? No matter what the result was (we might have been losing by 2) but he still came in as a DM to defend the current score. Times have changed..

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, BUT unless there is someone I'm overlooking I don't think there is that many hugely talented, tactically switched on defensive midfielders out there.

Nate Chalobah and Diego Poyet would be the two main choices. One has just underwhelmed at Burnley, while the other underwhelmed at Huddersfield.

:huh:

I take Gus Poyet over Mascarell in the games where there's is a bit of rough and tumble atm

If Omar doesn't get red card or pick up injury, we'll do just fine. I count on him to do well.

If he is not available, then it gets interesting as Thorne and Eustace are not that far away from being fit. We have Hughes, Shotton, Isak, Warnock and Bucko who has all played there occasionally and of course Bent waiting ont the bench if tactics are changed.

This post made my day already. Remember Bucko-time? No matter what the result was (we might have been losing by 2) but he still came in as a DM to defend the current score. Times have changed..

The thing about Omar is that he just isn't that solid defensively. He does the passing and build up side well, but the issue is that to allow our midfield to play, we first and foremost need that position to be solid defensively. That is no criticism of Mascarell, I just don't think he's quite up to the defensive side of the task, and it's shown in any match where the opponent comes out to kick us into submission.

That's the thing though, Eustace has done so much good this season as he's so much better in the defensive side, he offered the important side, and whilst not being as good as Mascarell in terms of the build up and attacking side, he could do the job. Ideally Thorne will be back and 100% sooner rather than later, as he has both sides to his game, and arguably better defensively than Eustace and attacking wise than Mascarell, but he should only play when he's completely ready and the risk is minimised as much as it can be, and not a second earlier.

Bucko time was an odd one, I always assumed it was Nigel trying to curb the late goals we conceded, while getting much needed minutes into Buxton's legs. I think a lot of people forget his injury trouble these days. The thing is though, Bucko time did actually help make us better in the later parts of games, and built confidence in that respect (keep in mind the great collapse of 10-11).

We'll miss the old man I think I watch him a lot most of the time in a good position covers the back four really well.

The thing which impresses me the most is his leadership he's always shouting and encouraging the others..!

Just like the guy in the top left of this post!

Memories, memories.

Yes but Coutts is no john McGovern.

Not likely to get us knocked out of the FA Cup (when it meant something) in a second replay. (worse by far than missing in the shoot-out now)

Then scoring the single goal that made us League Champions first time around.

Not many of him around to be fair.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Surely the end of his career at Derby then? He was considered a spent force at Championship level by Watford two season ago!

​You'd have to assume now at the age of what 35? That maybe he will move on, I mean hes great back up and he's been a fantastic pro for Derby even when Derby fans dubbed him john useless because nigel played him out wide! Its important this summer to find a good replacement for him and also replace mascarell but with an out and out DM. Again my suggestion is bring in rohan ince!! I will never stop suggesting it and no one can stop me! 

We'd also need to bring in an old head like eustace as back up I guess though. Can Eustace do another season as a bit part player?

Archived