Eustace Out Indefinitely

DcFc Dyycheee

Just putting it out there. His passing is no worse than Eustaces IMO. Has played midfield (admittedly wide most of his career. Is a decent defender. Is big. We now have an alternative at LB. There are reasons to consider it -

OMG away from home worries me

I don't like playing players out of position. I'm not Nigel Clough.

There is literally no reason to consider it, unless you're also considering Conor Sammon, Jonathan Mitchell or Gary Teale.

Koblenz can get closer to the first team for a month, I'm fine with that.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is literally no reason to consider it, unless you're also considering Conor Sammon, Jonathan Mitchell or Gary Teale.

Koblenz might be a good shout but see how Omar goes first.

Well Martin is far more important, but that's by the by.

Classic case of we win it's because of Eustace, when we don't, it's because of Mascarell.

Mascarell has played well for us.

Martin is important, but if he gets no service then he won't score goals.

A defensive midfielder protects the back four

This allows the two forward central midfielders to build up play and create chances for Martin, without having to worry that the CDM is doing his job.

If the CDM isn't dong his job then all that breaks down, we don't build up play, Martin doesn't get any chances.

This shows that the role of CDM is vital, and it's intrinsically linked to the roles of every other player on the pitch.

At the start of the season we had Thorne and Eustace as CDMs. Thorne got injured so we brought in Mascarell (let's be honest who actually had heard of him before he came here) to ensure we still had two CDMs. Now Thorne and Eustace are both injured, leaving us with one fit CDM.

Even if it is just for a month, I can't see Steve being naive or irresponsible and deciding to stick with just Mascarell. What if he get's injured? Or if he gets sent off on Saturday? Steve has been working to get two competent players for each position and now perhaps in our most crucial area we now have one. A Spaniard with a handful of games at English football is not what I'd want to have that position all to himself at such a crucial stage of the season.

Using Steve's past conduct, e.g Thorne injured > Mascarell in and perhaps more relatable Grant injured > Butland in suggests we will get someone in on loan to cover, even if it's just a month.

sausage news.

Hope we get someone in until Thorne is fit. And hope we have money to do it, seems like our wages are on the rise..

Omar is ok, but we need another one there too. Maybe Warnock? I'm not the only one who recalls him playing in midfield for B'burn.

So your happy for a kid with no experience at this level to be the understudy to one of the most important roles in the team?

On that logic we should have given Max Lowe at chance to compete at left back instead of signing Warnock.

Martin is important, but if he gets no service then he won't score goals.

A defensive midfielder protects the back four

This allows the two forward central midfielders to build up play and create chances for Martin, without having to worry that the CDM is doing his job.

If the CDM isn't dong his job then all that breaks down, we don't build up play, Martin doesn't get any chances.

This shows that the role of CDM is vital, and it's intrinsically linked to the roles of every other player on the pitch.

For years Clough never played with a CDM with no outcry.

So your happy for a kid with no experience at this level to be the understudy to one of the most important roles in the team?

On that logic we should have given Max Lowe at chance to compete at left back instead of signing Warnock.

Have you seen Lowe or Koblenz play.

Koblenz is less of a risk IMO .

But Omar is fine until Thorne is back.

Stop panicking

Yes of course I am, because as has been proven, should said player get injured someone will be through the door before the next game. We don't need a squad of 50 players for a short term injury cover.

For years Clough never played with a CDM with no outcry.

Thats because we were often terrible under Clough. Clough could never stick to the same formation either. He also never played 4-4-3

I'm not saying that the recipe for success in any team is a CDM. But it is in the formation we play.

We tried to shoehorn Hughes in that role. It didn't work.

Neither did Hendrick

Neither will Coutts

Neither will Shotton

None of them are natural in that position.

Thats because we were often terrible under Clough. Clough could never stick to the same formation either. He also never played 4-4-3

I'm not saying that the recipe for success in any team is a CDM. But it is in the formation we play.

We tried to shoehorn Hughes in that role. It didn't work.

Neither did Hendrick

Neither will Coutts

Neither will Shotton

None of them are natural in that position.

We beat Wolves 5-0 and blew Brighton away at home and Watford away with Omar CDM !

There might be a reason not to do it, but no reason to consider it? Of course you consider it. We've got a hole to fill so you weigh up your options. OMG doesn't do his defensive duties so well in that role so we have to consider other options. Even McLaren has mentioned Shotton for the role - is that any less ridiculous?

Remember when we signed Eustace? Clough was talking him up as a possible centre back.

Someone mentioned Warnock - another consideration. He could be our Lahm.

I'm sure we'll go with OMG. i probably would. And maybe that's right. Or maybe we'll be talking about how he allowed someone to carry the ball 40 yards before hitting an equaliser

If McLaren doesn't at least consider options like this then he's not doing his job

Yes of course I am, because as has been proven, should said player get injured someone will be through the door before the next game. We don't need a squad of 50 players for a short term injury cover.

That's a fair post. I never saw Klobenz at Hoffenhiem and I've only ever seen video footage on Lowe, but I assume that when they are ready, they will make the bench. Calero already has for example.

I don't think its fair to push players who have never played at this level into the first team just because circumstances require it. I think a short-term would make more sense.

How did we manage to beat Wolves and Brighton easy with Omar .

People have short memories.

Watford and Blackpool away also with Omar.

We drew 3 games in a row at home with Eustace in CDM befor Omar came in

I'd be worried that this game is gonna be a bit too argy-bargy to have such a lightweight DM myself...

Want a big clogger in there just in case any florists need clogging...

Archived