Eustace Out Indefinitely

DcFc Dyycheee

​You'd have to assume now at the age of what 35? That maybe he will move on, I mean hes great back up and he's been a fantastic pro for Derby even when Derby fans dubbed him john useless because nigel played him out wide! Its important this summer to find a good replacement for him and also replace mascarell but with an out and out DM. Again my suggestion is bring in rohan ince!! I will never stop suggesting it and no one can stop me! 

We'd also need to bring in an old head like eustace as back up I guess though. Can Eustace do another season as a bit part player?

Joey Barton. He's a ****** but that's what we need. We need a leader and a grafter and that's what Joey is.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joey Barton. He's a ****** but that's what we need. We need a leader and a grafter and that's what Joey is.

​About 3 years ago I'd have said no to this, but to be honest most of his "issues" are in the past and he's not quite the turnip he used to be so I would have to agree, I'd love grant leadbitter but obviously if Boro go up or stay down I can't see him leaving them for a side ways step.

​About 3 years ago I'd have said no to this, but to be honest most of his "issues" are in the past and he's not quite the turnip he used to be so I would have to agree, I'd love grant leadbitter but obviously if Boro go up or stay down I can't see him leaving them for a side ways step.

​He still is a knob. You only have to look at his 'ball-tap' on Huddlestone a few weeks ago, but we need an aggressive player, someone to control the midfield, who won't take any **** and can really roll their sleeves up and get on with it. You can't argue that he is a good player, it's just the attitude problems some fans may have an issue with.

​He still is a knob. You only have to look at his 'ball-tap' on Huddlestone a few weeks ago, but we need an aggressive player, someone to control the midfield, who won't take any **** and can really roll their sleeves up and get on with it. You can't argue that he is a good player, it's just the attitude problems some fans may have an issue with.

​He would be similar to Savage, some fans would never take to him but some will love the wum side of his play. And yes he certainly has decent technical ability and apart from that t**y thing he did to Huddelstone he seemed like he was starting to mature a little in my eyes.

Savage was just an annoying player where as Barton is more of a thug but Barton footballing wise would be a much better signing that savage ever was.

​He would be similar to Savage, some fans would never take to him but some will love the wum side of his play. And yes he certainly has decent technical ability and apart from that t**y thing he did to Huddelstone he seemed like he was starting to mature a little in my eyes.

Savage was just an annoying player where as Barton is more of a thug but Barton footballing wise would be a much better signing that savage ever was.

​Another midfielder I'd like to see here is Guedioura. He was very good against us, from highlights I've seen of him at Watford he's been very good too. Doesn't get a game at Palace, we could get him for a decent price.

​Another midfielder I'd like to see here is Guedioura. He was very good against us, from highlights I've seen of him at Watford he's been very good too. Doesn't get a game at Palace, we could get him for a decent price.

​I agree, midfield wise if we stay down, we really need to look at getting in a midfielder who is a little more inventive, I have mentioned before that I feel Bryson and Hendrick are good midfielders when on top form but neither are particularly inventive or not inventive often enough. They offer good ball retention but Derby really needs a midfielder who can create something out of nothing and guedioura would be that kind of player. He seems like one of those midfielders who is very good in the championship but can't quite seem to cut it in the premier league. 

​I agree with you description of what we need, basically a leader as we don't have many. Not sure Barton would be a good fit for us though and I imagine his wages would be crazy.

​I agree with you description of what we need, basically a leader as we don't have many. Not sure Barton would be a good fit for us though and I imagine his wages would be crazy.

​We need an experienced head in midfield who can just grab the game by the scruff of the neck. Next season if we're still in the Championship and we don't lose anyone major, we could line-up with Hughes, Thorne and Barton (or suggest another experienced hot-head). I'd be most inclined to sacrifice Bryson. He's been off the boil this season and has been largely anonymous, Keeping him here and stopping him from Burnley probably required a decent amount of wages. They could go towards an experienced midfielder to hold things together with Thorne & Hughes the two youngsters.

​We need an experienced head in midfield who can just grab the game by the scruff of the neck. Next season if we're still in the Championship and we don't lose anyone major, we could line-up with Hughes, Thorne and Barton (or suggest another experienced hot-head). I'd be most inclined to sacrifice Bryson. He's been off the boil this season and has been largely anonymous, Keeping him here and stopping him from Burnley probably required a decent amount of wages. They could go towards an experienced midfielder to hold things together with Thorne & Hughes the two youngsters.

​I would have said Dean Marney if they were relegated and he wasn't injured. Leadbitter is also a good shout if they went up and he was surplus to requirements. 

​Worth it just to wind the red dogs up.

​Worth it just to wind the red dogs up.

​Don't give a toss about them! They were raving about him being quality then Palace got him. I don't mind admitting now he isn't there any more that he is a good player and I wouldn't mind seeing him here.

​I was genuinely pleased to see him get man of the match in that game. His work rate was unbelievable. I have no idea how he kept that up for 90 minutes.

​You'd have to assume now at the age of what 35? That maybe he will move on, I mean hes great back up and he's been a fantastic pro for Derby even when Derby fans dubbed him john useless because nigel played him out wide! Its important this summer to find a good replacement for him and also replace mascarell but with an out and out DM. Again my suggestion is bring in rohan ince!! I will never stop suggesting it and no one can stop me! 

We'd also need to bring in an old head like eustace as back up I guess though. Can Eustace do another season as a bit part player?

​Just reading this causes me shivers.

​Just reading this causes me shivers.

​haha I remmeber going to Watford away when we lost 3-1 on the last day of the season, funnily enough Eustace scored a very scrappy goal, but i remember him playing down the right side of midfield and it was a struggle to watch no matter a struggle for him.

​Not really true - Graham Richards called him John Useless / Useless Eustace (for) years before he came here, he was judged well before his first loan here, but obviously even more so afterwards.

​Well I only ever saw the name used on Twitter or on other forums to describe him when we first re-signed him by Derby fans. I rarely listen to Radio Derby so if thats where it originates from then so be it, a little classless by Graham Richards to be honest. 

PistoldPete2

There's a long line of eustaces in football and from what I can remember they were all called useless. Sort of inevitable. Anyway we need him back, call him whatever you like. 

Archived