Eustace Out Indefinitely

DcFc Dyycheee

Both Shotton and Warnock have played CDM in the Premier League - I suspect one or the other may well feature for us there in the not too distant future

And of course Sir Jake of Buxton can play anywhere.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sswankambo was touted as a RB and CDM when we signed him - He's got first team experience in Holland so I wouldn't mind seeing him in the CDM role against Chesterfield to see if he's up to it.

It doesn't say in the report that this was an injury picked up in training, so if it's a planned op Steve must think we have cover till Thorne's back in a month.

No need to make a panic loan move just yet.

Ay?!

See transfer talk room. No confirmation from DCFC as of yet but news is that Ibe's been recalled.

If we're looking to replace Ibe and Eustace with loanees that'll see us have brought in a total of five new players, not including Shotton's permanent deal.

Too many in my opinion but I feel the loan replacements are needed.

He's suspended for the game this weekend, and Mascarell almost certainly would have played against Chesterfield anyway.  So that's the best part of 2 weeks to either get Eustace back fit, get Thorne back fit, or get someone else in on loan.  The next 3 games (Blackburn, Cardiff and Bolton) are all 'Eustace-type' games in my book.

Mac said it should only be about 4 weeks or so. If we can find a decent month long loan, then sure, why not? But I think we can get by with Mascarell. He knows the opportunity being placed in front of him here, it's up to him to get a long run of games and stake his claim to that spot, especially with Thorne back in training breathing down his neck. It's his time to shine, if he ever is going to shine.

Even if it means loaning in someone in a Eustace shape to come in with experience etc. Had Eustace never joined us and then came in on loan when Thorne got injured would people have been happy like they were with Omar? No chance.

One player springs to mind is Keith Andrews. I'm not saying he is the answer for a month but what would be the point of loaning in a fancy young CDM when what we need is a hard tackling rock like Eustace to cover for a month.

When Thorne is back we have a hybrid of Eustace and Mascarell.

So, that moral of the story is... Thorne is Eustace & Mascarell's love child.

Also, Paul Coutts played 90 minutes at DM against Brighton under Clough last season. We won 2-1. He also played many games there at Preston albeit in a 4-2-3-1.

I reminded you all of this after Thorne went down and nobody listened to me. People just ignore any degree of rationality and prefer to plaster the word sausage all over a thread in panic.

Calm down folks, we'll be alright.

Archived