Eustace Out Indefinitely

DcFc Dyycheee

Why do we need someone else in? Omar was going to start the next two games anyway. Coutts has been molded to play that position. While Hughes can play there too. Thorne should be back in what, 6 weeks? So what would we be bringing someone in for? Is this person going to be match ready? Eustace has played well the last few games. but we were not expecting him to play every game, let alone half the games we have left. 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, it's all gone a bit wrist-slashery (sic) all of a sudden round here.  Remember the Wolves game?  Folk were creaming in their pants over Omar's display, he's an able deputy until Georgie Boy is back in the swing of things...

Also, it's a good omen for the weekend considering we were having the exact same conversation before last years fixture, "I hope this Thorne lad can handle the pressure" was a very popular phrase at the time...

Why is Coutts an real option as he played in the holding role a whole once for us under the previous manager. On sat the manager brought shotton on over Coutts for the last few minutes. He is no more an option there than anyone else.

AND PLENTY OF GAMES THERE FOR PRESTON.

I give up.

Agreed, it's all gone a bit wrist-slashery (sic) all of a sudden round here.  Remember the Wolves game?  Folk were creaming in their pants over Omar's display, he's an able deputy until Georgie Boy is back in the swing of things...

Also, it's a good omen for the weekend considering we were having the exact same conversation before last years fixture, "I hope this Thorne lad can handle the pressure" was a very popular phrase at the time...

He's been fine when teams sit off us and stay compact (like Wolves tried to do).  The problem's been when teams press us high up the pitch (Wigan, Leeds away, Norwich, Boro etc).  By all accounts Forest have been poor at pressing teams all season, so I'm not too worried there, and Eustace would have been rested against Chesterfield anyway.  But I expect Blackburn, Cardiff and Bolton to try and get in our faces and would have much preferred Eustace to be playing.

AND PLENTY OF GAMES THERE FOR PRESTON.

I give up.

No he didn't. I actually know a Preston fan at work and he says Coutts was mainly an attacking midfielder. Your just making it up. He did play in the centre in a standard 442 sometimes. He says Coutts even played as a left wing back a few times as well so why don't we play him there.

Maybe Shotton can now play right wing now with Ibe going just as he did for stoke.  :)

Because it's all over Alpha. We're going down with the Forest.

We came close though. Then we had to play donkeys like Dawkins (class player who's involved in some of the best intricate goals we've scored in the last year but doesn't run really fast down the wing) and idiots like Omar (young lad with plenty to learn but lots of natural ability who shone v Chelsea)

As soon as those two players joined the other nine... It was over

Without Eustace and Ibe we wouldn't have destroyed Forest, Wolves or Brighton.

Wait a minute...

Don't forget Ssewankambo who also plays holding mid. Omar will carry us through to Thorne with isak in the mix ... Love Eustace but this is obviously and sadly the end of his derby dates

Eustace has had surgery on a knee injury and the club are waiting to see how the operation went before putting a timescale on the 35-year-old's absence.

Head coach Steve McClaren said: "It's a big blow to lose John but we have George Thorne coming back and that is like a new signing."

Either he is super confident that Thorne will go straight into the team in the next week or he is blowing smoke up Thorne's ass to spur him on now he has returned to full fitness.

Doesnt look like the words of a man that is out looking for a loan.

Archived