Eustace Out Indefinitely

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes but the point is that CDM is vital to the way we play. Now Eustace is injured we only have one natural defensive midfielder (Mascarell)

When Grant was injured we didn't just shrug our shoulders and let Roos play, we brought in one of the best English goalkeepers in the country. Grant was also only out for a month.

What? How is this in anyway similar to the main goalkeeper getting injured so having to play a kid in goal?

One of our two CDMs have got injured, so the other one - who happens to be a Real Madrid player and has played a number of games this season already - will play until Thorne is ready. If Mascarell was to go down, then you would see a loan in sharpish.

I think he got called back to play for Arsenal.  Guess that was short term while they had injuries.

Oh. Well they've all but signed Bielik, a young German DM. And aren't they looking at Ilkay Gundogan and Krychowiak (sp?) who also play that position. Could be an option but I definitely think we need someone.

I know some people don't like the idea of players switching positions. But if we want a meathead in that role, and mascarell can't do it, Forsyth (midfielder when he signed) another possibility now Warnock is here?

LOL

Might now have to look at the loan market..

Steve McClaren reveals that John Eustace needs a knee operation. No idea of time-frame for recovery yet. #dcfcfans

Why would we need to look into the loan market?

I'm sure we have a defensive midfielder just returning from injury and a perfectly good backup in Mascarell.

What? How is this in anyway similar to the main goalkeeper getting injured so having to play a kid in goal?

One of our two CDMs have got injured, so the other one - who happens to be a Real Madrid player and has played a number of games this season already - will play until Thorne is ready. If Mascarell was to go down, then you would see a loan in sharpish.

It's similar. A defensive midfielder is vital to our play. I'd say second to the goalkeeper, that position is the most important. This is true because our best games under McClaren is where the defensive midfielder had given a dominating performance:

Thorne against Brighton

Mascarell against Wolves

The fact he's from Madrid is irrelevant. If he's so good then why isn't he starting every single game? -because there have been games where Mascarell has been an inappropriate choice in the CDM position.

I agree we probably won't sign a replacement, but it would be nice to have the cover.

It's similar. A defensive midfielder is vital to our play. I'd say second to the goalkeeper, that position is the most important. This is true because our best games under McClaren is where the defensive midfielder had given a dominating performance:

Thorne against Brighton

Mascarell against Wolves

The fact he's from Madrid is irrelevant. If he's so good then why isn't he starting every single game? -because there have been games where Mascarell has been an inappropriate choice in the CDM position.

I agree we probably won't sign a replacement, but it would be nice to have the cover.

Well Martin is far more important, but that's by the by.

Classic case of we win it's because of Eustace, when we don't, it's because of Mascarell.

Mascarell has played well for us.

Why would we need to look into the loan market?

I'm sure we have a defensive midfielder just returning from injury and a perfectly good backup in Mascarell.

Mascarell should be given the starting berth regardless, but the problem is that this encourages us to rush Thorne back before he's ready. We need to be very careful with Thorne as not only does he represent a very significant investment, we could ruin a young guy's career.

Maybe Roos could play there? Or Bent?

Just putting it out there. His passing is no worse than Eustaces IMO. Has played midfield (admittedly wide most of his career. Is a decent defender. Is big. We now have an alternative at LB. There are reasons to consider it -

OMG away from home worries me

I don't like playing players out of position. I'm not Nigel Clough.

Archived