Bid from Burnley rejected for Richard Keogh - SSN

DEL

Can we stop turning nouns into verbs pls, don't want to be dishing out warnings.

I noun, you noun, he nouns, we are nouning etc.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Keogh wants to leave....sell

If McClaren thinks we can get better in......sell

If the bid matches our valuation.....sell

If Keogh wants to stay but McClaren wants to get rid.....sell

If Keogh wants to stay and McClaren wants him to stay........don't sell

If Keogh wants to stay and McClaren wants him to stay but has to raise funds to strengthen elsewhere.......sell

Surely our form over the course of last season is a testament to Keogh's ability as captain? I cant sit here and say that he is the best CB in the league etc. but he gives his all and most likely he does more behind the scenes as captain then we'll ever know!

Do you think SM would keep someone as captain if he didn't believe in him? Yes, Keogh's error directly cost us promotion but as has been mentioned, Buxton and Forsyth should never have let the ball get that far.

Although not sounding like it, I do in fact on occasions get nervy when Keogh is on the ball, but I would suggest that for

Surely our form over the course of last season is a testament to Keogh's ability as captain? I cant sit here and say that he is the best CB in the league etc. but he gives his all and most likely he does more behind the scenes as captain then we'll ever know!

Do you think SM would keep someone as captain if he didn't believe in him? Yes, Keogh's error directly cost us promotion but as has been mentioned, Buxton and Forsyth should never have let the ball get that far.

Although not sounding like it, I do in fact on occasions get nervy when Keogh is on the ball, but I would suggest that for

As someone who follows most transfers, Burnley have offered these installments in all their bids and it really has got them no where. Rejected bids for countless players (Bryson, Lansbury, McArthur, Keogh, Deeney, Craig Dawson off the top of my head).

I'd be pretty annoyed as a Burnley fan. They have just earned 120m after all.

Shane Duffy.. Jack Hobbs.. Alex Pearce.. Tommy Smith... to some extent, I like Jason Pearce too, he's got a raw deal at Leeds playing next to lemons.. I also think Loovens is a good player.

These are off the top of my head too, give me a night or so to think I could come up with a list...  :D  :ph34r:

Loovens is quality! That sheff wed squad was solid against us!

Funny how opinion differs. I spent a season watching Loovens at Zaragoza and I came to the opinion that he was crap.

I'll have you know that currently, on FM with Derby I have won successive Champions Leagues, just won the league and the club loves me! I do however, love to spend big which clearly wouldn't work in the real world

Some days I feel like sending my FM CV into a club and see if I can get a job. I'm sure Man Utd could do with some help ;-)

Why doesn't Steve McClaren just quit to desktop and reload when we're losing?

Keogh = No sale.

You don't sell your captain.

You don't sell this close to the end of the window unless silly money is being offered.

Why ppl on here kept saying he's refusing to sign the contract how would you know? Contract things continue ongoings

People are saying that he hasn't signed a new contract, which is a fact. If he hasn't signed it by 23:00 hrs Monday we risk going into January with a player who can talk to other clubs aout a pre-contract agreement. That's a risk because we could end up with nothing if he still doesn't sign.Never forget Commons, exactly the same situation and we ended up with a fraction of what he was worth.It depends how far we are apart and how keen he is to get something sorted, if we are close then stick with it, if not then we have to consider large bids.

People are saying that he hasn't signed a new contract, which is a fact. If he hasn't signed it by 23:00 hrs Monday we risk going into January with a player who can talk to other clubs aout a pre-contract agreement. That's a risk because we could end up with nothing if he still doesn't sign.Never forget Commons, exactly the same situation and we ended up with a fraction of what he was worth.It depends how far we are apart and how keen he is to get something sorted, if we are close then stick with it, if not then we have to consider large bids.

Wasn't that the way we got Commons in the 1st place though.

I struggle to get too upset about the idea of losing Keogh - one of those players that always looks on the edge of a mistake

Not trying to compare him at all, but the better players (Igor, as an example) look calm and have extra time on the ball because they read the game so well (you even see it with Hughes, where he instinctively knows what he's going to do before he receives the ball) - Keogh to me is the exact opposite in that he always seems a bit surprised when the ball gets to him - then he has work out what to do with it, and then untangle his legs - and by then he's getting closed down so has to rush his pass - I've compared him previously with Bambi on ice - never got everything completely under control....

Decent enough player at this level, but if we want to seriously challenge (and certainly if we get promoted), we need better...

I struggle to get too upset about the idea of losing Keogh - one of those players that always looks on the edge of a mistake

Not trying to compare him at all, but the better players (Igor, as an example) look calm and have extra time on the ball because they read the game so well (you even see it with Hughes, where he instinctively knows what he's going to do before he receives the ball) - Keogh to me is the exact opposite in that he always seems a bit surprised when the ball gets to him - then he has work out what to do with it, and then untangle his legs - and by then he's getting closed down so has to rush his pass - I've compared him previously with Bambi on ice - never got everything completely under control....

Decent enough player at this level, but if we want to seriously challenge (and certainly if we get promoted), we need better...

I can't believe what your saying.

His pass ratio is 2nd to none do you want hoof ball because that's really easy.

McClaren doesn't want hoofball he wants to play from the back ..

Stop press . Bucko occasionally gets a pass wrong.

Grant sometimes kicks wrong

Martin and Hendrick sometimes miss chances and misplace passes .

Forsyth sometimes passes wrong and Shotton mis passed on Tuesday shock horror.

Dawkins misplaced a pass so did Russell.

Bryson misplaced a pass and so did Hughes and Mascarrell. Etc etc etc etc etc etc

Wardy he makes mistakes and so does Eustace

Whitbread he makes mistakes and so does Thorne when he's fit. .

PS To the people who take the Mickey out of his interview technique well that is really insulting from my point of view.

Keogh can't help how he comes across in an interview can he.

I'd be disappointed to see him leave. Really, really disappointed. If not only because I want to see this team stay together and achieve promotion together.

It would be a gamble to try and replace him too. I'm not sure how many players (costing circa 1.5m) would actually be better than him.

Burnley can go f*ck themselves as well. Horrible club.

Why is it that they always try to rock our boat?

They took Shackell for next to fook all, tried to do the same with Bryson but failed and are now trying to get another Captain of ours. If it is

Sounds like the bid was a bit of a piss take, I'd expect another one. Not like they've got anyone else to bid for, their scouting seems to extend to 'teams we played last season'

A bit like our previous regimes scouting policy.

All international scouting was based on being outside a 50mile radius of derby & extended to the peoples republic of Alex Sammond Land

Hi all.

Been a looking at these forums for many years without joining. (Which sounds a bit weird).

But I have decided to join and add my 2p.

I find some of the comments contradictory. If we all believe in McClaren and trust his judgement, then why would Keogh be our captain if he didnt rate him.

We either;

a) Trust SM in the fact he is the best captain for the club

b) Don't trust SM and think he should be sold

I think SM has the balls to drop him if he didnt think he was up to the job. The Keogh haters are of course entitled to an opinion, but in my eyes WTF?!

Amen.

Archived