Bid from Burnley rejected for Richard Keogh - SSN

DEL

I can't believe what your saying.

His pass ratio is 2nd to none do you want hoof ball because that's really easy.

McClaren doesn't want hoofball he wants to play from the back ..

Stop press . Bucko occasionally gets a pass wrong.

Grant sometimes kicks wrong

Martin and Hendrick sometimes miss chances and misplace passes .

Forsyth sometimes passes wrong and Shotton mis passed on Tuesday shock horror.

Dawkins misplaced a pass so did Russell.

Bryson misplaced a pass and so did Hughes and Mascarrell. Etc etc etc etc etc etc

Wardy he makes mistakes and sol does Eustace

Whitbread he makes mistakes and so does Thorne when he's fit. .

PS To the people who take the Mickey out of his interview technique well that is really insulting from my point of view.

Where did I say he was the only one that makes mistakes? - of course they all do, however out of the back four (where it's usually going to cost the team if there is a mistake), he looks the most likely to trip over his own feet - and as for this ridiculous stat about pass ratios - does it include details of whether it's gone to the player standing next to him (and whether they've been able to receive it with ease or had to work to collect it) - some folk spend too much time on FM if we're going to judge a players worth on stats rather than what is obvious from watching the games....

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why doesn't Steve McClaren just quit to desktop and reload when we're losing?

Better still, can't he take control of the opposition team as well, play their Keeper up front in a crazy 2-4-4 formation with their star striker in goal, and make us win 20-0?

Where did I say he was the only one that makes mistakes? - of course they all do, however out of the back four (where it's usually going to cost the team if there is a mistake), he looks the most likely to trip over his own feet - and as for this ridiculous stat about pass ratios - does it include details of whether it's gone to the player standing next to him (and whether they've been able to receive it with ease or had to work to collect it) - some folk spend too much time on FM if we're going to judge a players worth on stats rather than what is obvious from watching the games....

You forget I've seen Roy McFarland ,Igor Stimac 1-5 loss against Tranmere 1st game and a crashed car 1st day at the club . I've seen Jacob Laursen, Taribo West, Coiln Todd , Terry Hennesey , Peter Daniel , Shaun Barker, Jason Shackell Rob Hindmarch and going back Jack Parry etc etc

I do know a good defender when I see one !

Keogh is a good Championship defender and we need him IMO

How good he would be in the Premier League we don't know but Shotton didn't make it with Stoke did he at CB

Even if he didn't sign a new contract I'd keep him for this promotion push.

If we get to the Premier League then who knows what will happen even to the Bryson's , Hendricks and Buxtons of the team we don't know do we.

PS They have the security of extended contracts it works two ways.

You could say the club is gambling as well giving out long contracts

Keogh has less security so he will want to sign a new contract as will Martin .

Footballers need contracts for security of their families !

Hi all.

Been a looking at these forums for many years without joining. (Which sounds a bit weird).

But I have decided to join and add my 2p.

I find some of the comments contradictory. If we all believe in McClaren and trust his judgement, then why would Keogh be our captain if he didnt rate him.

We either;

a) Trust SM in the fact he is the best captain for the club

b) Don't trust SM and think he should be sold

I think SM has the balls to drop him if he didnt think he was up to the job. The Keogh haters are of course entitled to an opinion, but in my eyes WTF?!

Amen.

Nice start but far too sensible... :)

every player as his price .... the alleged offer Burnley have made is laughable ....   but imo  if Burnley do increase there offer  by 1mill to 1.5mill  ..im sure we,ll  except  ...on the flip side though   does Keogh want to leave ...?   I guess for premiership yes ...  but he will be in a severe relegation battle  ....   and will be torn apart ....!!!!!!

You forget I've seen Roy McFarland ,Igor Stimac 1-5 loss against Tranmere 1st game and a crashed car 1st day at the club . I've seen Jacob Laursen, Taribo West, Coiln Todd , Terry Hennesey , Peter Daniel , Shaun Barker, Jason Shackell Rob Hindmarch and going back Jack Parry etc etc

I do know a good defender when I see one !

Do you actually recognise a good defender? - or have you just seen alot of good defenders over the years? - Keogh isn't fit to lace the boots of most of those that you've mentioned (and that's not having a dig at Keogh - as I've said, he's a decent Championship player on his day, but he's not in the same league as the players you listed) - I just think we need to be looking for better if we're serious about challenging for promotion...

Does captaincy really mean that much in football? It's not like cricket were the captain decides tactics etc. I'm sure other players could step up and give that rallying call on pitch leadership if necessary.

SM inherited him as captain and if it isn't broke, don't fix it - but it doesn't mean he's irreplaceable if we get too good a bid to turn down.

When Keogh was out over Christmas it did look like Bucko missed having an organisational voice next to him (that and Keane wasn't v good) But I'm sure if Keogh does go we could find someone to replace him in that role. My bigger worry is time - transfer deadline day is looming, so if he does go it's going to put Evans list of players to the test (if we don't think Shotton can do a job in what he calls his preferred position)

SM inherited him as captain and if it isn't broke, don't fix it - but it doesn't mean he's irreplaceable if we get too good a bid to turn down.

--

I'm confused. What your saying is it's not broke. Therefore he is a good captain.

I'm not saying he is irreplaceable, everyone has their price even Bryson, but

Do you actually recognise a good defender? - or have you just seen alot of good defenders over the years? - Keogh isn't fit to lace the boots of most of those that you've mentioned (and that's not having a dig at Keogh - as I've said, he's a decent Championship player on his day, but he's not in the same league as the players you listed) - I just think we need to be looking for better if we're serious about challenging for promotion...

Yes I do know a good defender and I'm not comparing I'm just saying I don't take my views off FM and Stats I look with my eyes.

I'm merely saying I've seen all types of defenders some good some bad.

Some injury prone and some who just don't cut it at a particular club or with a particular manager.

Back to do I know a good defender or to the point CB which Keogh is as he couldn't play anywhere else IMO .

Keogh is powerful in the air

Good on the ball

All out effort 100 percent every week

Hardly ever injured which is very important.

Doesn't get sent off and suspended much

Good leader.

Could he improve yes of course he could .

Set pieces are sometimes a problem for the Rams defense as is positional play.

QUESTION

Who would replace him with for 1.5 Million and is fit week in week out and would he integrate with the set of lads at Derby who get on really well with the Captain Keogh.

Anyone who watched  Dyche playing battling, whole-hearted RCB  for Chesterfield will know just why he rates Keogh.

And they will remember the strangled hen look on his face and squarks of disbelief when Milford? wrongly awarded a penalty when he craftily dropped Juninio OUTSIDE the box at Old Trafford

Nothing specific but Dyche has said  this morning that he is working on several deals and hopes to land his targets before the window closes

Surely our form over the course of last season is a testament to Keogh's ability as captain? I cant sit here and say that he is the best CB in the league etc. but he gives his all and most likely he does more behind the scenes as captain then we'll ever know!

Do you think SM would keep someone as captain if he didn't believe in him? Yes, Keogh's error directly cost us promotion but as has been mentioned, Buxton and Forsyth should never have let the ball get that far.

Although not sounding like it, I do in fact on occasions get nervy when Keogh is on the ball, but I would suggest that for

Do people still blame Keogh for Wembley? FFS. A shame he was the focal point of their goal. As stated above neither Bucko or Fozzy covered themselves in glory either, and that's not mentioning how we failed to net against a side down to 10 men and severely under the cosh for half an hour....

If he goes, it better be for good money, and we'd better be able to replace him with someone as good, or better. If the deal fails either of these criteria then SM should tell Dyche to go fook himself with a burnt stick.

Archived