Bid from Burnley rejected for Richard Keogh - SSN

DEL

Do people still blame Keogh for Wembley? FFS. A shame he was the focal point of their goal. As stated above neither Bucko or Fozzy covered themselves in glory either, and that's not mentioning how we failed to net against a side down to 10 men and severely under the cosh for half an hour....

If he goes, it better be for good money, and we'd better be able to replace him with someone as good, or better. If the deal fails either of these criteria then SM should tell Dyche to go fook himself with a burnt stick.

Well said, it's a shame if he leaves before we achieve what has been our aim ever since his arrival from Cov.

I think the fee needs to be

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky Sports understands Derby County have rejected a bid from Burnley for captain Richard Keogh. Keogh has established himself as one of the best defenders outside the Premier League and Burnley were hoping to land him to bolster their defensive options. However, Derby are determined to keep hold of Keogh as they look to mount a bid for promotion this season.

Sorry, but im not stooping to your level.  :p

You are not capable of stooping to my level. You are altogether far too serious, sensible, boring and besides, you are not allowed in Bucko's club because he hates you.

So there.

I guess it's a matter of opinion but most people who've watched Derby over the past couple of seasons would agree that Bucko has been the more consistent performer of the two. He's also developed greatly in that time, far more than I and a lot of others would have anticipated.

I will hold my hands up to that one. I used to really dislike Bucko. But his level of improvement over the last 10 months is outstanding.

This time last year I was hoping we'd replace him whereas now for me he has to be one of the first 5 on the team sheet.

Remarkable improvement, obviously had worked hard at his game and has been coached properly.... At last decent management and backroom staff.

COYR!!

I will hold my hands up to that one. I used to really dislike Bucko. But his level of improvement over the last 10 months is outstanding.

This time last year I was hoping we'd replace him whereas now for me he has to be one of the first 5 on the team sheet.

Remarkable improvement, obviously had worked hard at his game and has been coached properly.... At last decent management and backroom staff.

COYR!!

Arrrgggghhhhhh!

my take on it

a lot of people saying we can use whitbread/buxton/shotton

problem is whitbread and buxton are both left sided CB's and putting them on the right could be disastrous, how they turn, who they look for, and the players next to them, CB's are different to wingers and midfielders the only replacement we have for keogh at the club is shotton, as much as you can play CB's on any side or floating in space as long as they are in defence on football manager or fifa it doesnt work like that in reality

therefore if we sell keogh then we need to bring in a replacement, either first team or back up to a possible shotton first choice

for 1.5 million id happily reject that, 2mil, then id happily accept that, nothing less

to people talking about getting money for him while we can due to contract 'issues', if keogh doesnt leave this summer i will highly doubt he will leave in january, and id rather let keogh go on a free transfer at the end of the season, knowing that well have a well balanced and gelled squad with a damn high chance of promotion, meaning a measly 2million we didnt accept in august could lead us to 120million in june, rather than run the risk of having to find someone with a relativley short amount of time, with no gaurantue of performances or fitting in with the squad, including loans (michael keane, tom carrol etc...), and no matter how good mac has been so far, the law of averages states that he is bound to make some mistakes, and CB is right up there with the holding role on positions that have to be fulled with players that HAVE to perform

interesting to see some burnley views on the transfer http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/read/s37.htm?38,14873699

pretty much all of them there want to sign him, havnt checked elsewhere, they all reckon hes a good player that may give them a chance

i particularly like this post

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Keep saying it, and there's the evidence, we're being run by half-wits.

Edit: just checked on clarets mad and a fair few of them think hes a decent enough player and 1.5mil is a joke offer ;)

Keogh is a damn good defender, and one of our top players, I really don't understand how people are reacting here. We are not going to be able to replace him for any fee that Burnley are going to hand out, and he is our damn captain. This isn't football manager, this isn't a game, he has been a key player for us, and a key man in a side that had one of the best seasons we've had in a long while.

If we really must talk price, if this were 5-8 years ago,

For every (occasional) goal that Keogh is responsible for (show me a CB at any level who isn't), there are two goals which started with a Keogh pass. He may not be as good as Buxton with his long passes, but who, more often than not, passed to Buxton in the first place? And when have you ever seen Keogh misplace a pass to a full back? You may have noticed they're rather key to our attacking style...

Everyone creams over Thorne's pass in the Huddersfield game, and rightly so. But it's easy to forget the pass which found Thorne in the first place. It all started from a difficult ball for Keogh to deal with, which most CBs  would have put into Row Z, but instead, Keogh jumped up and volleyed it in the reverse direction straight to Thorne's chest.

He has an outstanding pass success rate, and it's an extremely difficult trait to replace.

I hope we don't sell him. For all our weaknesses at set pieces (it's not just the CBs responsible for defending those, by the way...), he's still perfect for our system in my eyes.

The last thing we need right now is the squad being unsettled by a first team departure. We have paid improved money to players under contract to keep a team together who have a great spirit. Keogh is practically an ever present and the captain. Keep him.

Archived