Bid from Burnley rejected for Richard Keogh - SSN

DEL

For every (occasional) goal that Keogh is responsible for (show me a CB at any level who isn't), there are two goals which started with a Keogh pass. He may not be as good as Buxton with his long passes, but who, more often than not, passed to Buxton in the first place? And when have you ever seen Keogh misplace a pass to a full back? You may have noticed they're rather key to our attacking style...

Everyone creams over Thorne's pass in the Huddersfield game, and rightly so. But it's easy to forget the pass which found Thorne in the first place. It all started from a difficult ball for Keogh to deal with, which most CBs  would have put into Row Z, but instead, Keogh jumped up and volleyed it in the reverse direction straight to Thorne's chest.

He has an outstanding pass success rate, and it's an extremely difficult trait to replace.

I hope we don't sell him. For all our weaknesses at set pieces (it's not just the CBs responsible for defending those, by the way...), he's still perfect for our system in my eyes.

He also has an impressive fitness record. Since he became a regular player, he's played 219 of 230 games possible. In fact, he's played 178 of 184 possible in his time in the championship. That is a stunning record, and when our other options include Buxton, who has had a few nasty injury runs, and Whitbread, not to mention O'Brien, Barker and a host a previous centrehalves, is vital.

He's not just a brilliant player, crucial to our style of play, part of such a successful season and captain, he's damn near ever present.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spot on, agents at work................I'm expecting to see the words "improved offer" shortly!

I'm confused by the number of references to FM on this thread. Is that the game where you can buy the Macclesfield Town reserve centre forward, he scores 186 goals in five seasons and you win the Premier League and Champions League with Forest Green Rovers?

Are you referencing Dave Hockaday + Leeds United????? :ph34r:

He also has an impressive fitness record. Since he became a regular player, he's played 219 of 230 games possible. In fact, he's played 178 of 184 possible in his time in the championship. That is a stunning record, and when our other options include Buxton, who has had a few nasty injury runs, and Whitbread, not to mention O'Brien, Barker and a host a previous centrehalves, is vital.

He's not just a brilliant player, crucial to our style of play, part of such a successful season and captain, he's damn near ever present.

Hadn't thought of that. Good point.

Keogh + Martin are edging closer agreeing new deals. :D Come on Keogh go and shut the haters please :D

I would be more than Happy to see both sign new contracts.

It would be superb to keep the nucleus of last years squad together along with the few additions this summer.

If Jordan Ibe is as good as people on here are saying........ Watch out Championship sides were coming to take what's rightfully ours and dominate this league.

"Since I was young!!!!"

You all know the rest.

TBH I met the squad and SM, ES & PS at Breadsall before the arse kicking we dished out to Blackpool. They were all very approachable management and players alike.

RK is a good ambassador for our club and thanked me for my words as it meant so much that we are all behind them 100%.

Seemed a very genuine dude TBF, that's why I was so surprised he may be leaving.

I hope he stays and leads from the front.

interesting to see some burnley views on the transfer http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/read/s37.htm?38,14873699

pretty much all of them there want to sign him, havnt checked elsewhere, they all reckon hes a good player that may give them a chance

i particularly like this post

Edit: just checked on clarets mad and a fair few of them think hes a decent enough player and 1.5mil is a joke offer ;)

Feel really sorry for Burnley fans seeing their board/owners being so negative and pessimistic. They are coming straight back down I think. They are a Premier League club, not a tiny pub team. They CAN afford big signings and they can attract players. I don't think they fully understand the pull of the Premier League and the attraction that has to foreign as well as domestic players. Like one guy says:

"

I said that we have cover and if he wants to go then let him, there must be a reason he has took so long to sign a new contract! 

sometimes its like people are just looking to argue on this forum!!!

Is this the five minute argument or the full half hour?

The players Burnley have signed aren't any better than their existing team. Jutkiewicz and Sordell are worse than their existing strikeforce.

As for Keogh, when he played for Coventry, he always played very well for them against us.

He does occasionally make mistakes, but for anyone to suggest he's not captain material is ludicrous.

Do you know him? How do you know he isn't massively respected and a great man-manager?

He'll throw himself in the way of shots like his life depends on it, is a regular starter and fits in our passing style well. Yes, he can look ungainly, but how often is he caught in possession?

Archived