Bid from Burnley rejected for Richard Keogh - SSN

DEL

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do people not think its now clear why keogh hasnt signed a new contract, maybe he wants to leave,

Let him go I was massively impressed with shotton, we still have whitbread for cover and a loan can come in if needed

all this captain stuff is rubbish, Jake Buxton/ bryson are more captains than him,

I think Bucko is the week link, Keogh has to stay. If anything bring in  better CB to replace BUXTON.

I think Bucko is the week link, Keogh has to stay. If anything bring in  better CB to replace Buxton.

You keep banging your 'Bucko is rubbish' drum. I guess you haven't seen much of Derby over the last couple of years then?

Agree - Bucko's come on leaps and bounds under SM.

Sorry I don't buy into that.  Bucko was great the season before and outshone Keogh.  I just think it took people another season of him playing at that level before everyone finally believed what they were seeing him do! :)

You forget I've seen Roy McFarland ,Igor Stimac 1-5 loss against Tranmere 1st game and a crashed car 1st day at the club . I've seen Jacob Laursen, Taribo West, Coiln Todd , Terry Hennesey , Peter Daniel , Shaun Barker, Jason Shackell Rob Hindmarch and going back Jack Parry etc etc

I do know a good defender when I see one !

Keogh is a good Championship defender and we need him IMO

How good he would be in the Premier League we don't know but Shotton didn't make it with Stoke did he at CB

Even if he didn't sign a new contract I'd keep him for this promotion push.

If we get to the Premier League then who knows what will happen even to the Bryson's , Hendricks and Buxtons of the team we don't know do we.

PS They have the security of extended contracts it works two ways.

You could say the club is gambling as well giving out long contracts

Keogh has less security so he will want to sign a new contract as will Martin .

Footballers need contracts for security of their families !

Thats a very risky tactic that could even hinder any promotion push as his mind would naturally be elsewhere.

Worth pointing out that a nice new contract can light a fire under a player. Look at Jamie Ward in his last 2 or 3 games after signing a new deal. Look at Chris Martin when he secured his permanent deal here at the start of last season.

Maybe you'll see his confidence go through the roof when he sinks his teeth into his new pay rise and lengthy contract. More money is certainly one way to cheer a man up and help him forget his troubles.

You keep banging your 'Bucko is rubbish' drum. I guess you haven't seen much of Derby over the last couple of years then?

I never said he was "rubbish" I'm just weighing into the debate here.

I'd rather keep the team as it is. But one is wanted by team in the prem, the other isn't.

And there's really no need for remarks like this: "I guess you haven't seen much of Derby over the last couple of years then?"

Troy Deeney signed a new contract when the prem came sniffing. Maybe it's a way of getting a better contract?

After all, didn't we match Burnleys Bryson deal?

Spot on, agents at work................I'm expecting to see the words "improved offer" shortly!

I'm confused by the number of references to FM on this thread. Is that the game where you can buy the Macclesfield Town reserve centre forward, he scores 186 goals in five seasons and you win the Premier League and Champions League with Forest Green Rovers?

"BELL ENDS!" - Best sign off ever. Will try and get that into a work e-mail today.

Send a short note to someone to say that there is a fire alarm going off at the moment and that you will be back in touch when this bloody bell ends.

I'm confused by the number of references to FM on this thread. Is that the game where you can buy the Macclesfield Town reserve centre forward, he scores 186 goals in five seasons and you win the Premier League and Champions League with Forest Green Rovers?

It's a bit like playing your much younger sister at Subbuteo, but with more bells and whistles.

I'd rather keep the team as it is. But one is wanted by team in the prem, the other isn't.

And there's really no need for remarks like this: "I guess you haven't seen much of Derby over the last couple of years then?"

It's a polite way of saying "You are either blind or bonkers". It leaves the door open to a third possibility.

I guess it's a matter of opinion but most people who've watched Derby over the past couple of seasons would agree that Bucko has been the more consistent performer of the two. He's also developed greatly in that time, far more than I and a lot of others would have anticipated.

Archived